This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Gulf Air took delivery of its new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner this week. It will be the Bahraini airline’s first 787 and will supplement its widebody fleet of Airbus A330s. The carrier also introduced a new livery this week.
Pictures of the aircraft’s interior were shared on the Bahrain News Agency’s photo archive. It shows that Gulf Air is installing Apex Suites in its business class that’s laid out in a staggered 2-2-2 configuration.
The aircraft will have 26 lie-flat seats, which are on the more luxurious side for a business class seat.
Japan Airlines, Korean Air and Oman Air offer the same seats on some of their aircraft.
Gulf Air’s 256 economy seats will be laid out in a 3-3-3 configuration.
The aircraft will debut on the London (LHR) to Bahrain (BAH) route on June 15. Gulf Air has 20 more 787s on order and will be taking delivery of four in 2018.
You can book Gulf Air seats with American miles, so it’s possible you can try this new product on the cheap. Business class goes for 42,500 miles on the London – Bahrain route and 20,000 in economy. You’ll have to reserve a seat by April 30, as the two airlines’ partnership ends on then.
Featured image courtesy of Bahrain News Agency’s photo archive.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards