This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Gulf Air took delivery of its new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner this week. It will be the Bahraini airline’s first 787 and will supplement its widebody fleet of Airbus A330s. The carrier also introduced a new livery this week.
Pictures of the aircraft’s interior were shared on the Bahrain News Agency’s photo archive. It shows that Gulf Air is installing Apex Suites in its business class that’s laid out in a staggered 2-2-2 configuration.
The aircraft will have 26 lie-flat seats, which are on the more luxurious side for a business class seat.
Japan Airlines, Korean Air and Oman Air offer the same seats on some of their aircraft.
Gulf Air’s 256 economy seats will be laid out in a 3-3-3 configuration.
The aircraft will debut on the London (LHR) to Bahrain (BAH) route on June 15. Gulf Air has 20 more 787s on order and will be taking delivery of four in 2018.
You can book Gulf Air seats with American miles, so it’s possible you can try this new product on the cheap. Business class goes for 42,500 miles on the London – Bahrain route and 20,000 in economy. You’ll have to reserve a seat by April 30, as the two airlines’ partnership ends on then.
Featured image courtesy of Bahrain News Agency’s photo archive.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees