Greyhound resuming US–Canada service on Nov. 8
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Passengers can currently book Greyhound tickets online for travel starting Nov. 8 and beyond, from select destinations in the U.S. to Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. U.S. travelers can also book travel through the Greyhound app.
“Greyhound is just as excited as our customers to resume cross-border travel to Canada,” Rob Friedman, Greyhound CCO said in a statement. “Our goal is to provide our passengers with affordable fares and stress-free transportation as they return to normal travel, especially around the holidays.”
Round-trip tickets on Nov. 8 from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan to Toronto’s Union Station and back on Nov. 10 can be found for $150.
Nov. 8 marks the reopening of U.S. land borders with both Canada and Mexico, which had been closed to nonessential travel for more than 20 months due to COVID-19. COVID-19 entry requirements remain in place in both countries for passengers arriving by both land and air.
For those U.S.-based passengers heading north to Canada, all incoming travelers to Canada are required to show proof of vaccination, in addition to results of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival at the border for all those over the age of 5. Visitors to Canada must also provide further travel information via ArriveCAN, either online or through an app.
Additional information on Canada’s entry requirements is available from the Canadian government.
For those non-nationals coming to the U.S., proof of full vaccination is required to enter the country as of Nov. 8. The U.S. considers an individual to be fully vaccinated 14 days after the final dose of an acceptable COVID-19 vaccine, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca and the same vaccine are accepted in Canada.
Such rules apply to all non-U.S. citizens crossing land borders or arriving in the U.S. by passenger ferry for non-essential travel, including visiting family/friends or as tourists. Travelers should expect to show vaccination proof upon request at the border.
Face masks are required on all Greyhound buses.
Greyhound, the largest provider of intercity bus transportation in North America, has long served as an affordable option for travelers looking to get from point A to point B, with service to more than 1,600 cities across the U.S., Canada and Mexico. To ensure you can “travel with peace of mind” aboard Greyhound buses, the company has implemented enhanced cleaning protocols, in addition to offering no-fee cancellable tickets.
Rival company FlixMobility, the brand behind FlixBus and FlixTrains, acquired Greyhound earlier this month, a move they said will enable the two to better service intercity bus travel needs, increasing their service to 2,400 destinations.
Featured photo of a Greyhound bus company logo in Edmonton, Alberta by Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees