Great Amex Offer Gives $40 Back After Spending $200 at Marriott
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum® Card from American Express, The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express
Amex cardholders have a great new way to save on their next Marriott stay. Many are seeing a new deal in their credit card accounts for $40 back after spending $200 or more at Marriott properties in the United States.
That’s a 20% return and should be relatively easy to attain if you have any domestic Marriott stays coming up in the next few months.
After adding the offer to your card, you’ll have to book your stay directly through Marriott (on the website, app or phone) — not through an OTA like Hotels.com or Expedia. Since it’s a direct booking, you’ll enjoy elite benefits during your stay and still earn redeemable Marriott points and elite night credits.
The deal will work at most Marriott properties across the US, the only exclusions being Marriott Vacation Club, Design Hotels, Protea Hotels and Marriott Executive Apartments.
The offer is only valid for room rates and room charges and won’t work on gift card purchases. This means that room service and other incidental charges should count toward the $200 spend requirement.
Like other Amex Offers, this one is targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to add the offer to your card and make a qualifying transaction by June 3. We’ve seen a few other solid Amex Offers recently, like a $60 statement credit after spending $300 at Kimpton Hotels or $100 back after spending $500 or more at St. Regis Hotels and Resorts. It’s possible that the $100 back at St. Regis Hotels is stackable with this new Amex Offer, leading to $140 back after spending $500 or more at a St. Regis property.
To add the offer to your card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Several TPG staffers, myself included, received the offer on The Platinum® Card from American Express, The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express and The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express.
Featured image by Brian Biros / The Points Guy.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee