This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Raise your hand if you’ve ever tried to follow Google Maps’ instructions only to end up in a completely different place than your intended destination.
Well, we most definitely have, and let’s be real, the app’s instructions aren’t the most user-friendly. “Turn left in 1.3 miles?” People don’t exactly check their odometers for precise mileage counts when they’re trying to get from place to place.
Thankfully, the app just released an update that might alleviate some of those problems. It’s using fast food restaurants as landmarks to help guide you — because we all know it’s so much easier to orient yourself based on where the nearest Starbucks is. Plus, when was the last time you gave someone directions based on distance as opposed to a landmark or restaurant?
Some people picked up on the update and were quick to tweet about it.
According to Engadget, this feature is still in testing and there’s no word on if/when it will be rolled out to everyone. In the meantime, we’ll be sitting here, imagining a future where your travels abroad are guided by someone telling you to turn left at the Burger King.
Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees