This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Raise your hand if you’ve ever tried to follow Google Maps’ instructions only to end up in a completely different place than your intended destination.
Well, we most definitely have, and let’s be real, the app’s instructions aren’t the most user-friendly. “Turn left in 1.3 miles?” People don’t exactly check their odometers for precise mileage counts when they’re trying to get from place to place.
Thankfully, the app just released an update that might alleviate some of those problems. It’s using fast food restaurants as landmarks to help guide you — because we all know it’s so much easier to orient yourself based on where the nearest Starbucks is. Plus, when was the last time you gave someone directions based on distance as opposed to a landmark or restaurant?
Some people picked up on the update and were quick to tweet about it.
According to Engadget, this feature is still in testing and there’s no word on if/when it will be rolled out to everyone. In the meantime, we’ll be sitting here, imagining a future where your travels abroad are guided by someone telling you to turn left at the Burger King.
Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards