This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A Google tool will soon offer travelers mobile push notifications suggesting why an upcoming flight might be delayed.
The Google Assistant app currently lets travelers know when Google is 85% certain that a flight will be delayed – a feature launched earlier this year, according to a blog post by Richard Holden, Google’s vice president of product management for travel. But this latest update is designed to help a traveler understand what may be the underlying reason behind a delay, so the traveler knows whether they should still be on time.
While many airlines and apps seek to offer this same information, none have Google’s extensive reach. The Internet search giant most likely has access to this information because many travelers utilize Gmail to track their flight confirmations, and Google also owns the ITA Matrix, the comprehensive flight search software system. The Google Assistant tool will also draw from Google’s numerous other data feeds in order to pull together a comprehensive picture of the situation for traveler notifications.
Featured photo by Shutterstock.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees