Google Assistant Will Soon Tell You Why Your Flight Is Delayed
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A Google tool will soon offer travelers mobile push notifications suggesting why an upcoming flight might be delayed.
The Google Assistant app currently lets travelers know when Google is 85% certain that a flight will be delayed – a feature launched earlier this year, according to a blog post by Richard Holden, Google’s vice president of product management for travel. But this latest update is designed to help a traveler understand what may be the underlying reason behind a delay, so the traveler knows whether they should still be on time.
While many airlines and apps seek to offer this same information, none have Google’s extensive reach. The Internet search giant most likely has access to this information because many travelers utilize Gmail to track their flight confirmations, and Google also owns the ITA Matrix, the comprehensive flight search software system. The Google Assistant tool will also draw from Google’s numerous other data feeds in order to pull together a comprehensive picture of the situation for traveler notifications.
Featured photo by Shutterstock.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.