Going Green: Lyft to Introduce Thousands of Electric Vehicles in 2019
In response to requests for cleaner travel options, Lyft is introducing thousands of electric vehicles (EVs) to its roster in 2019.
Lyft users will be able to select the new “Green mode,” allowing them to be matched with either a hybrid or EV for a cleaner ride. The launch of Green mode builds off Express Drive, their rental program that allows people who don’t own a car to still work for Lyft.
The ride-hailing platform already enforces a rule that all of their cars are carbon neutral — which neutralized over 1 million metric tons of carbon in the first year alone. Lyft has also launched scooters, now the largest bike-sharing service in the US, to reduce its impact on air pollution make cities more “livable” and provide more options for riders.
Seattle will be the first city to see “Green mode,” however Lyft plans on expanding the new, environmentally friendly option throughout the US.
Featured image by Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.