You Can Go on a Tour of Scotland With (Sort of) British Royalty
If you’ve always dreamt of being a prince or a princess, we can’t help you. But if the slightest glimmer of royalty will do, we may have found the perfect way for you to realize your childhood dreams.
After co-founding and serving as the “Wonka-in-Chief” at Boomf (a company that prints Instagram pictures onto marshmallows and has reportedly lost $3.9 million), Middleton is switching gears and trying something less, well, “fluffy.” He will be trading in his life as an entrepreneur and relocating to the Scottish resort owned by the father-in-law of his sister, Pippa Middleton.
While James Middleton’s new position may seem a bit unexpected, it aligns well with his interests.
“The countryside is where I’m happiest, and I’ll be taking my four dogs to Glen Affric with me,” Middleton said in a recent magazine interview, according to The Daily Mail.
The 10,000-acre Glen Affric Estate is nestled in the Scottish Highlands National Nature Reserve and boasts a restored Victorian-era lodge. Perfect for travelers in search of solitude and quiet, guests can fill their days with traditional Scottish “pursuits” such as red deer stalking, trout and salmon fishing, clay pigeon shooting, hiking, canoeing and Highland pony-riding.
And hanging out with sort-of royalty, of course.
The British tabloid also reported that Pippa’s husband, James Matthews, will likely inherit the estate from his father, which means Middleton may one day report directly to his brother-in-law — and his sister. The Matthews family also owns Eden Rock-St Barths, an exclusive Oetker Collection-managed resort in the Caribbean.
A three-night stay for eight at Glen Affric Estate costs more than £10,000 (over $13,000 USD) — so be sure to round up a handful of your friends and family members to make your fairytale dreams come true.
Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.