You Can Go on a Tour of Scotland With (Sort of) British Royalty
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve always dreamt of being a prince or a princess, we can’t help you. But if the slightest glimmer of royalty will do, we may have found the perfect way for you to realize your childhood dreams.
After co-founding and serving as the “Wonka-in-Chief” at Boomf (a company that prints Instagram pictures onto marshmallows and has reportedly lost $3.9 million), Middleton is switching gears and trying something less, well, “fluffy.” He will be trading in his life as an entrepreneur and relocating to the Scottish resort owned by the father-in-law of his sister, Pippa Middleton.
While James Middleton’s new position may seem a bit unexpected, it aligns well with his interests.
“The countryside is where I’m happiest, and I’ll be taking my four dogs to Glen Affric with me,” Middleton said in a recent magazine interview, according to The Daily Mail.
The 10,000-acre Glen Affric Estate is nestled in the Scottish Highlands National Nature Reserve and boasts a restored Victorian-era lodge. Perfect for travelers in search of solitude and quiet, guests can fill their days with traditional Scottish “pursuits” such as red deer stalking, trout and salmon fishing, clay pigeon shooting, hiking, canoeing and Highland pony-riding.
And hanging out with sort-of royalty, of course.
The British tabloid also reported that Pippa’s husband, James Matthews, will likely inherit the estate from his father, which means Middleton may one day report directly to his brother-in-law — and his sister. The Matthews family also owns Eden Rock-St Barths, an exclusive Oetker Collection-managed resort in the Caribbean.
A three-night stay for eight at Glen Affric Estate costs more than £10,000 (over $13,000 USD) — so be sure to round up a handful of your friends and family members to make your fairytale dreams come true.
Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees