You Could Be Glamping in Disney’s Pandora Theme Park This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
James Cameron’s alien forests and striking Avatars came to life last spring when Disney World opened a Pandora-inspired land in Animal Kingdom. But for fans of “Avatar” for whom the mountain banshee adventures and river boat rides just aren’t enough, Disney has created a new immersive Pandora experience — for one guest, for one night only.
This summer, diehard “Avatar” enthusiasts can enter for a chance to spend a night glamping inside Pandora — The World of Avatar.
The exclusive “D-Camp” event — an evening spent hanging out in the bioluminescent forests and floating mountains of Pandora, before bedding down in a luxury tent in the Valley of Mo’ara — will be awarded to a single grand prize winner.
Disney’s marketing strategy manager, Melissa Margelos, told The Points Guy that specifics about the tent and itinerary have not yet been confirmed.
But with glamping (or glamorous camping) on the rise and flooding our Instagram feeds — the National American Camping Report estimated that some 13 million households would go glamping in 2017 — it’s really no surprise the theme park chose to launch their so-called #HappyPlace campaign with a fancy tent.
For your chance to spend a night immersed in the world of Pandora (and, it stands to reason, to be the first on the Flight of Passage or Na’vi River Journey ride), submit an original video entry explaining why you “deserve an escape” to the glowing land by 11:59pm PDT on June 21.
The video application cannot be longer than two minutes, and can only feature the entrant, who must be 18 years or older (sorry, kids).
Finalists will be selected for a Skype or phone interview, scheduled for either July 9 and July 10, and the grand prize winner must be able to travel to Walt Disney World between July 28 and July 31.
Basically, serious contestants may want to avoid making too many plans next month.
In addition to one night in a luxury tent as part of a three-night stay, the winner and his or her guest will be treated to round-trip airfare and additional accommodations. The first place prize — worth an estimated $8,000 — also includes a Disney gift card, two four-day park hopper tickets and, according to the contest details, the winner can look forward to “surprise guests” and “VIP access,” among other perks.
Ready to escape to Pandora? Practice your drum circle songs and head over to the D-Camp website to enter your submission.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees