This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The 12-year-old girl who was believed taken from Reagan National Airport (DCA) Thursday morning is safely back with her parents after being found in the Queens borough of New York City, police said Friday.
Jinjing Ma was part of a Chinese tour group that had been looking at schools and tourist sites in the US since July 26. As the group was readying to depart from the US on Thursday, the girl broke away and left with airport with an unknown woman. Both were driven from the airport by an unknown man driving a car with New York plates. Police issued an Amber Alert and warned that they believed the girl could be in extreme danger because of her age.
According to reports, the girl’s parents saw reports of her disappearance and contacted authorities. They explained that they were the man and woman who took their daughter from the airport, and that she was never in danger.
“This is a great example of the work that can be accomplished when the community and law enforcement come together to achieve a common goal,” Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Chief David Huchler said Friday afternoon. “We are grateful that Jinjing is safe and with family. Our goal was to locate her to ensure she was safe and unharmed, and we accomplished that goal. I’m proud of our Airports Authority detectives’ excellent work in this case and grateful that we are part of such a capable law enforcement community.”
The FBI is investigating what happened, authorities said.
The featued image courtesy of CaseyMartin / Shutterstock.com.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards