This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dream job alert: Royal Caribbean is looking to hire someone as its new Shore Explorer Apprentice-ship — a role in which one lucky traveler will get to travel the world to scout offshore “extraordinary” experiences all while receiving the equivalent of a £100,000 ($130,710 USD) salary.
The apprentice will sail aboard one of the firm’s luxury ships to a variety of destinations around the world including a glacier in Alaska, Osaka, Japan, and white water rafting in Norwegian fjords. All they have to do is post their experiences on Royal Caribbean’s Instagram, Insta-Stories and IGTV pages. The apprentice will also get an exclusive, first-time visit to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Royal Caribbean’s new private island in the Caribbean.
To apply for the position, candidates must post their favorite travel photo or video via Instagram, Insta-Stories or IGTV tagging #ShoreExplorer and @RoyalCaribbeanUK. They must also be at least 21 years of age, hold a valid passport and have time to travel this year.
The winner will be determined by a panel of judges including The Vamps’ writer and guitarist, James McVey. “I’m so excited to be working with Royal Caribbean to find the perfect person for this new Apprentice-ship; someone who has a passion for travel, exploration and seeking out new and extraordinary experiences around the world,” said McVey. “And, of course, they have to be brilliant at sharing their adventure online too!”
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees