Get free breakfast when you pay with Visa at select Marriott properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Do you have a Marriott stay coming up? If you have a Visa card, you can score 5% off with Marriott Bonvoy Member Rates and free complimentary breakfast for two.
Here’s what you need to know.
The offer is available for bookings at Caribbean and Latin American Marriott properties until January 31, 2020, for stays from October 1 to May 31, 2020. You can book using this link and make sure to use the promo code “VZ0.”
The website is promoting properties in Cancun, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City and more, but it appears many destinations are included in the promotion. For instance, I was able to find availability at the luxury St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort outside San Juan under the promotion.
Just keep in mind that based on some of the rates I’m seeing, the “prepay and save” rate is cheaper than the promotional rate. For example, the St. Regis prepay rate is just $462 a night for early December dates. If breakfast isn’t that important to you, you may want to prepay ahead of time. But if breakfast is a big factor — and it can be pricey — you may want to consider this option.
Also keep in mind that Marriott Platinum and Titanium Elites are given a welcome amenity (such as breakfast) upon check-in at most participating hotels.
While you’ll need a Visa card to take advantage of this particular promotion, there are several cards you may want to consider if you’re a Marriott loyalist.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card comes with a $450 annual fee (see rates and fees), while the entry-level personal cards — the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card from Chase (previously the Marriott Premier Plus) has a $95 annual fee.
Featured image courtesy of Lee Huffman
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees