Get 20% Off Pre-Amazon Prime Day Deals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amazon Prime Day is just one week away. Although the sale won’t officially begin until July 15, Amazon already got the ball rolling with some great limited-time deals. And thanks to a new promotion, you may be able to save even more on these preview deals.
Now through July 14, Amazon Prime customers can get an additional 20% off select Prime exclusive deals by using any of the following camera features on Amazon’s mobile shopping app: AR (augmented reality) View, barcode scanner, or camera product search.
Here are the directions Amazon provided for each feature:
- To qualify by using AR View, tap the camera icon and select AR View, then select a product and location for placement to complete AR product display.
- To qualify by using barcode scanner, tap the camera icon and select barcode scanner, then place a bar code corresponding to a product available on amazon.com within the camera scan area to complete matched product display.
- To qualify by using camera product search, tap the camera icon and select product search, then place a product corresponding to a product available on Amazon.com within the camera scan area to complete matched product display.
When a qualifying activity using a camera feature is completed, you will receive a notification from Amazon in the Amazon mobile shopping app confirming completion. After you tap the notification, you’ll be prompted with a “Get Coupon” button, and a 20% additional discount will be automatically applied at checkout to your first in-app purchase of one of the featured Prime exclusive deals. Coupons expire 11:59pm PT on the day received and are limited to one coupon per customer per account per day.
If you’re not happy with the prime-exclusive deals that day, which can be found here, check back the next day and activate your coupon once you’ve found a product you’d like to buy.
Although the coupon’s terms state that it can’t be combined with other offers, there are some other promotions still active that are worth keeping in mind. For instance, you could score a free Amazon credit when signing in to the Amazon app, for reloading your Amazon gift card balance or for spending $50 at an Amazon physical store between now and July 16th. Additionally, select American Express card holders can get 20% off at Amazon by applying just one Amex Membership Reward point towards their order.
Stay tuned to TPG for more tips on maximizing your Prime Day purchases. And then check back on July 15 for our roundups of the best deals available.
Featured image by Julie Clopper / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel