This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in time for the winter shopping season, Chase is offering a Chase Pay promotion. This promotion gives you 1,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points if you use Chase Pay with a qualified card five times between October 1 and December 31, 2018. TPG‘s latest valuation pegs the value of these 1,500 points at $30.
Some cardholders of the Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve have reported receiving the offer by email. But, you might be eligible even if you didn’t receive an email. In the past, similar promotions have been widely available for all cardmembers regardless of whether you received an e-mail. If you didn’t receive an email offer, you can reach out to Chase via secure message to see if you’re eligible. As you can see below, TPG‘s Mommy Points got the following via secure message when she asked whether her Chase Sapphire Reserve is eligible.
If you have an eligible card, note that many types of Chase Pay purchases including in-store, online, in merchant apps, at the pump and when you order ahead count toward the promotion. However, each purchase must be $25 or more to count.
This offer stacks nicely with the Starbucks reload promotion that runs until December 12. Examples of other retailers that accept Chase Pay include Walmart, Best Buy, Shell and ShopRite. If your Chase Freedom is eligible for this offer, remember that Chase Pay is one of the card’s fourth quarter bonus categories. So, you can earn 5% cash back, or 5x Chase Ultimate Rewards points if you also have an Ultimate Rewards-earning card, per dollar spent when paying with Chase Pay. But, before you use Chase Pay with your Chase Freedom, make sure you’ve activated the card’s fourth quarter bonus categories so that you’re eligible for the 5x earnings this quarter.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards