This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Let’s get this party started. One of the most universally adored unofficial events is coming back to Anaheim this year for its 20th annual celebration. “Gay Days,” started originally in 1998, kicks off this Friday for a weekend of unadulterated gay pride celebration in Disneyland.
“Gay Days” will span both Disneyland, California Adventure and Downtown Disney with a variety of events ranging from pool parties, live music, brunches, shows and dancing. Some events require tickets, so it’s best to refer to the event schedule provided by the organizers for times and details.
Activities and events will also feature special guests such as in the late-night event, “Kingdom.” Taking place on Oct. 6 in Disneyland, the DJ set and dance party is the official centerpiece of the “Gay Days” weekend. From 9pm to 1am, “Gay Days” participants can expect appearances by “RuPaul’s Drag Race” personalities Mayhem Miller, Mariah Balenciaga and Delta Work at Highway 39. Admission is $50, and audience members must be 18 years and older.
Vendors will also provide limited addition pride treats in celebration of the event such as rainbow cookies, rainbow sprinkles “World of Color” rainbow rice crispy treats.
“Gay Days” participants are recommended to wear red. “Red stands out in the crowd. Because the park is open to everyone, it’s easiest to identify one another if we’re all wearing the same color. And while we don’t consider the event political in any way, a sea of red shirts does make a lasting impression on all who see it,” says the “Gay Days” Anaheim website.
Event runners do offer official “Gay Days” t-shirts, however, it’s not a requirement. Those not decked out in red are still welcome to join in the events. The event is open for anyone who wants to participate, open to people both in and out of the LGBTQ+ community. The event is known to draw a significant crowd to the park, so if you plan on visiting Disneyland Anaheim during “Gay Days,” this app might help you cheat the long lines.
Featured Image by Tony Ranze/AFP via Getty Images
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees