‘Gay Days’ Pride Celebration Hits Disneyland This Weekend
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Let’s get this party started. One of the most universally adored unofficial events is coming back to Anaheim this year for its 20th annual celebration. “Gay Days,” started originally in 1998, kicks off this Friday for a weekend of unadulterated gay pride celebration in Disneyland.
“Gay Days” will span both Disneyland, California Adventure and Downtown Disney with a variety of events ranging from pool parties, live music, brunches, shows and dancing. Some events require tickets, so it’s best to refer to the event schedule provided by the organizers for times and details.
Activities and events will also feature special guests such as in the late-night event, “Kingdom.” Taking place on Oct. 6 in Disneyland, the DJ set and dance party is the official centerpiece of the “Gay Days” weekend. From 9pm to 1am, “Gay Days” participants can expect appearances by “RuPaul’s Drag Race” personalities Mayhem Miller, Mariah Balenciaga and Delta Work at Highway 39. Admission is $50, and audience members must be 18 years and older.
Vendors will also provide limited addition pride treats in celebration of the event such as rainbow cookies, rainbow sprinkles “World of Color” rainbow rice crispy treats.
“Gay Days” participants are recommended to wear red. “Red stands out in the crowd. Because the park is open to everyone, it’s easiest to identify one another if we’re all wearing the same color. And while we don’t consider the event political in any way, a sea of red shirts does make a lasting impression on all who see it,” says the “Gay Days” Anaheim website.
Event runners do offer official “Gay Days” t-shirts, however, it’s not a requirement. Those not decked out in red are still welcome to join in the events. The event is open for anyone who wants to participate, open to people both in and out of the LGBTQ+ community. The event is known to draw a significant crowd to the park, so if you plan on visiting Disneyland Anaheim during “Gay Days,” this app might help you cheat the long lines.
Featured Image by Tony Ranze/AFP via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.