GasBuddy Personifies the Perfect ‘Fill-Up’ With Free Gas for People Named Phillip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If your first or last name is Phillip, or any of a few dozen variations of it, you could be in store for $25 of free gas courtesy of GasBuddy, the the leader of crowdsourced pit stop information. At 8am PT on September 20, GasBuddy will announce via its social media channels the location of a Chevron station in Los Angeles where people with the name Phillip can show up and receive a fill-up worth $25.
The location will check IDs to prevent any fake Phillips (ha). To participate, a person’s legal name (first or last) must comprise, in whole or in part, any of the following: Phillip, Philip, Phil, Phillis, Philis, Phillus, Phyllis, Philus, Fillus, Filus, Phillipe, Phillipa, Philipa, Fillipa, Filipa, Philippa, Philomena, Filomena, Filip, Felip, Felipe, Felipo, Fil, Pilip, Phillipos, Pillipos, Pilipos, Philipp, Philips, Phillips, Phillipus, Filippos, Filippo, Philipo, Phileas, Philibert, Philbrick or Phillipo. Minor spelling variations also may be accepted if not reflected in the above list.
The terms and conditions of the promotion have limited free fill-ups to the first 220 participants to arrive at the Chevron station beginning at 11am local time in Los Angeles.
For people outside of the LA area and those of us not named Phillip, you can enter win a free fill-up via www.gasbuddy.com/perfectphillip. A winner will be chosen each month until the end of 2018 to receive $50 in free gas. You can also tag a picture of yourself and someone named Phillip on Instagram with #PerfectPhillip for a chance to win a fill-up for yourself and your special Phillip.
I’ve been using Pay With GasBuddy for the last few months to earn 30 cents per gallon in Shop Your Way points and see this promotion as a continuation of the creativity GasBuddy has shown in the last few years. My brother’s middle name is Phillip, so I’ll be tagging us in Instagram with the hopes of free gas coming my way.
Featured image courtesy of Mongkol Chuewong via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.