GasBuddy Personifies the Perfect ‘Fill-Up’ With Free Gas for People Named Phillip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If your first or last name is Phillip, or any of a few dozen variations of it, you could be in store for $25 of free gas courtesy of GasBuddy, the the leader of crowdsourced pit stop information. At 8am PT on September 20, GasBuddy will announce via its social media channels the location of a Chevron station in Los Angeles where people with the name Phillip can show up and receive a fill-up worth $25.
The location will check IDs to prevent any fake Phillips (ha). To participate, a person’s legal name (first or last) must comprise, in whole or in part, any of the following: Phillip, Philip, Phil, Phillis, Philis, Phillus, Phyllis, Philus, Fillus, Filus, Phillipe, Phillipa, Philipa, Fillipa, Filipa, Philippa, Philomena, Filomena, Filip, Felip, Felipe, Felipo, Fil, Pilip, Phillipos, Pillipos, Pilipos, Philipp, Philips, Phillips, Phillipus, Filippos, Filippo, Philipo, Phileas, Philibert, Philbrick or Phillipo. Minor spelling variations also may be accepted if not reflected in the above list.
The terms and conditions of the promotion have limited free fill-ups to the first 220 participants to arrive at the Chevron station beginning at 11am local time in Los Angeles.
For people outside of the LA area and those of us not named Phillip, you can enter win a free fill-up via www.gasbuddy.com/perfectphillip. A winner will be chosen each month until the end of 2018 to receive $50 in free gas. You can also tag a picture of yourself and someone named Phillip on Instagram with #PerfectPhillip for a chance to win a fill-up for yourself and your special Phillip.
I’ve been using Pay With GasBuddy for the last few months to earn 30 cents per gallon in Shop Your Way points and see this promotion as a continuation of the creativity GasBuddy has shown in the last few years. My brother’s middle name is Phillip, so I’ll be tagging us in Instagram with the hopes of free gas coming my way.
Featured image courtesy of Mongkol Chuewong via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees