Frontier Traveler Fights FA, Opens Cabin Door Before Takeoff
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Flight 87 from Cancun to St. Louis departed with one less passenger Monday after a traveler tussled with a flight attendant and opened the cabin door before takeoff.
The unnamed man became agitated as the plane prepared to take off, telling flight attendants he didn’t feel well. Fellow passengers said he kicked the pilot door multiple times and attempted to get off the plane. Fellow passengers filmed the man struggling with crew members and passengers as he tried to exit via the emergency slide which had automatically deployed when he opened the cabin door. He eventually was escorted off of the plane by Mexican law enforcement at the gate, and then taken to a local hospital for medical evaluation.
The passenger’s mother told news outlets that her son was on vacation with his father, and had been hit on the head at a Cancun hotel the night prior to the flight. The mother also believes her son’s drink may have been spiked.
The airline rebooked passengers onto other flights and provided hotel accommodations after taking the compromised plane out of service. Frontier said that Mexican authorities were investigating the incident, and offered no further comment.
Featured photo courtesy of Frontier.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees