Frontier Airlines Halts Portsmouth Service After Just 6 Months
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Airlines is suspending its service from Portsmouth, New Hampshire, saying it will end its only route from the city on July 6, Seacoastonline reports. Frontier had just launched its Portsmouth-Orlando route in December.
Frontier suggested the change was due to poor sales.
“In this instance, demand did not materialize to support the service,” Frontier spokesman Zach Kramer said in a statement to Seacoastonline on Monday.
Portsmouth International Airport (PSM) is also served by Allegiant Airlines, which offers a similar nonstop routes between PSM and Orlando Sanford (SFB). Seascoastonline notes that Allegiant increased the frequency of its service from Portsmouth following Frontier’s launch there last December.
PSM airport officials expressed hope that Frontier’s choice to halt services will be temporary, noting that other low-cost carriers first served Portsmouth with seasonal routes before offering flights year-round.
“It’s a quiet time during the summer for Orlando service,” Airport Director Paul Brean said to Seacoastonline. “We’ll see how Portsmouth plays out in terms of the airline’s near term and long-term future.”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees