Frontier Airlines Halts Portsmouth Service After Just 6 Months
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Airlines is suspending its service from Portsmouth, New Hampshire, saying it will end its only route from the city on July 6, Seacoastonline reports. Frontier had just launched its Portsmouth-Orlando route in December.
Frontier suggested the change was due to poor sales.
“In this instance, demand did not materialize to support the service,” Frontier spokesman Zach Kramer said in a statement to Seacoastonline on Monday.
Portsmouth International Airport (PSM) is also served by Allegiant Airlines, which offers a similar nonstop routes between PSM and Orlando Sanford (SFB). Seascoastonline notes that Allegiant increased the frequency of its service from Portsmouth following Frontier’s launch there last December.
PSM airport officials expressed hope that Frontier’s choice to halt services will be temporary, noting that other low-cost carriers first served Portsmouth with seasonal routes before offering flights year-round.
“It’s a quiet time during the summer for Orlando service,” Airport Director Paul Brean said to Seacoastonline. “We’ll see how Portsmouth plays out in terms of the airline’s near term and long-term future.”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.