Frequent flyer Q&A: Cherag Dubash, from Abu Dhabi
I felt like I knew Cherag Dubash before meeting him at the Lufthansa First Class Terminal earlier this year. As with many other world travelers, the Abu Dhabi-based sales executive documents his high-flying lifestyle on Instagram, posing in various airplane cabins — from British Airways‘ new A350 business class to Singapore’s new A380 suite.
But I only recently got to know Cherag, on our group journey from Frankfurt (FRA) to Bogota (BOG) — followed by a day of eating our way through the Colombian capital. It gave me an inside look at what it’s like to be one of social media’s most enthusiastic premium-cabin travelers.
Question: What do you do for work?
Answer: I’m the head of sales for a marine offshore company, supporting the oil and gas industry.
Q: How many miles did you fly in 2019?
I flew about 203,000 miles last year.
Q: How many nights do you spend at home each year?
Q: How much of your travel is business vs. leisure?
Roughly 20% of my travel is for business — I really do this as a hobby.
Q: What’s your favorite first-class product?
Q: And business class?
Q: Do you ever fly economy?
When business class doesn’t make sense, especially intra-Gulf.
Q: When was your first international first-class flight?
Probably when I was 10, from Bombay to Dubai on Air India.
Q: What are some of your favorite places to visit?
Q: What are your preferred airlines?
Q: Do you have a preferred hotel chain?
Hilton, Marriott and Kempinski.
Q: What’s your biggest travel pet peeve?
Loud infants in first class. On an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to New York-JFK, I was seated near a family of four, and the kid wouldn’t stop screaming.
Q: Which credit cards do you use on a regular basis?
Q: Aside from your passport, what are some items you’ll never leave home without?
For a closer look at what it’s like to travel like Cherag, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.