Frequent flyer Q&A: Cherag Dubash, from Abu Dhabi
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I felt like I knew Cherag Dubash before meeting him at the Lufthansa First Class Terminal earlier this year. As with many other world travelers, the Abu Dhabi-based sales executive documents his high-flying lifestyle on Instagram, posing in various airplane cabins — from British Airways‘ new A350 business class to Singapore’s new A380 suite.
But I only recently got to know Cherag, on our group journey from Frankfurt (FRA) to Bogota (BOG) — followed by a day of eating our way through the Colombian capital. It gave me an inside look at what it’s like to be one of social media’s most enthusiastic premium-cabin travelers.
Question: What do you do for work?
Answer: I’m the head of sales for a marine offshore company, supporting the oil and gas industry.
Q: How many miles did you fly in 2019?
I flew about 203,000 miles last year.
Q: How many nights do you spend at home each year?
Q: How much of your travel is business vs. leisure?
Roughly 20% of my travel is for business — I really do this as a hobby.
Q: What’s your favorite first-class product?
Q: And business class?
Q: Do you ever fly economy?
When business class doesn’t make sense, especially intra-Gulf.
Q: When was your first international first-class flight?
Probably when I was 10, from Bombay to Dubai on Air India.
Q: What are some of your favorite places to visit?
Q: What are your preferred airlines?
Q: Do you have a preferred hotel chain?
Hilton, Marriott and Kempinski.
Q: What’s your biggest travel pet peeve?
Loud infants in first class. On an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to New York-JFK, I was seated near a family of four, and the kid wouldn’t stop screaming.
Q: Which credit cards do you use on a regular basis?
Q: Aside from your passport, what are some items you’ll never leave home without?
For a closer look at what it’s like to travel like Cherag, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees