Boeuf for Two: French Rappers Arrested for Brawling in Airport Freed on Bail
The two French rappers who managed to cause a portion of Orly Airport (ORY) in Paris to be shut down three weeks ago after a brawl erupted are now out on bail as of Thursday.
Booba and Kaaris, as the two rivals are known, were heading to Barcelona for a concert when they got into an altercation that started in the departures hall and eventually found its way into one of the airport’s duty free shops. The scuffle briefly shut down the area and was said to have “endangered the lives of others”.
In the footage posted to Twitter, which goes on for 1:15, viewers can see a massive, quick-moving mass of bodies from both parties throwing kicks and punches as bottles of alcohol are heard shattering on the floor and bystanders scream in the background. Police finally manage to break things up and remove those involved from the scene.
A judge originally sentenced the duo, who are “two of France’s biggest rap stars” according to news site RFI and who had been feuding on social media, to be held until September 6 due to the “persistent animosity between the two groups.” But, the rappers (as well as other members of their entourage) were released on bail — 30,000 euros — this week after an appeals court overruled the decision. The musicians also had to turn in their passports as part of the deal.
Let’s hope they’ve got it all out of their systems now.
Photo via DOMINIQUE FAGET,LOIC VENANCE/AFP for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.