Boeuf for Two: French Rappers Arrested for Brawling in Airport Freed on Bail
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The two French rappers who managed to cause a portion of Orly Airport (ORY) in Paris to be shut down three weeks ago after a brawl erupted are now out on bail as of Thursday.
Booba and Kaaris, as the two rivals are known, were heading to Barcelona for a concert when they got into an altercation that started in the departures hall and eventually found its way into one of the airport’s duty free shops. The scuffle briefly shut down the area and was said to have “endangered the lives of others”.
In the footage posted to Twitter, which goes on for 1:15, viewers can see a massive, quick-moving mass of bodies from both parties throwing kicks and punches as bottles of alcohol are heard shattering on the floor and bystanders scream in the background. Police finally manage to break things up and remove those involved from the scene.
A judge originally sentenced the duo, who are “two of France’s biggest rap stars” according to news site RFI and who had been feuding on social media, to be held until September 6 due to the “persistent animosity between the two groups.” But, the rappers (as well as other members of their entourage) were released on bail — 30,000 euros — this week after an appeals court overruled the decision. The musicians also had to turn in their passports as part of the deal.
Let’s hope they’ve got it all out of their systems now.
Photo via DOMINIQUE FAGET,LOIC VENANCE/AFP for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees