Get a Free IHG Night Anywhere After Staying 2 Nights in the UK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
A current IHG offer is encouraging members to travel in the UK and stay at properties that are new to the IHG brand. Specifically, when you register for the promotion and spend two nights at any of the nine eligible properties, you’ll get a free night (room rate only) at one of more than 5,000 IHG hotels worldwide.
To take advantage of this promotion, you’ll need to register and complete two nights at eligible UK hotels between Dec. 17, 2018, and March 31, 2019. You can register here by entering the promotion code 65351.
Your two nights can be at any of the following UK properties:
- Kimpton Fitzroy London
- The Met Hotel, Leeds
- Principal York
- Principal Manchester
- voco St David’s, Cardiff
- Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square
- Principal Edinburgh George Street
- Blythswood Square Hotel, Glasgow
- Wotton House, near Dorking, Surrey
You’ll need to book a qualifying rate but your nights don’t need to be consecutive or at the same property. These are hotels that fall on the higher-end of the IHG property list, but Sunday nights at the The Met Hotel Leeds often cost just 71 pounds (about $90).
After completing the two nights, you’ll receive one free night in a standard room at participating IHG hotels worldwide. The participating hotels aren’t specified, but Army hotels, InterContinental Alliance resorts and Regent Hotels are explicitly excluded. The free night will only cover the room rate, so you’ll be responsible for other taxes and fees. The free night must be used by Oct. 31, 2019, and elite benefits will not apply to the free night.
Make sure to put your stay on a credit card that earns bonus points or miles at IHG properties. A first choice would be the Chase Sapphire Reserve since it earns 3x points on travel, including hotels, which is a 6% return based on TPG’s latest valuations. But, a close second would be the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card since it earns 10x points at IHG hotels, which is also a 6% return.
Note that the offer isn’t currently showing up on some members’ My Offers page. The offer’s terms and conditions don’t list any eligibility requirements and don’t say the offer is targeted. So, everyone should be eligible — but, be wary if the offer doesn’t show up on the My Offers page before your stay.
Featured image of Blythswood Square Hotel courtesy of IHG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.