This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in case you forget the stuffing on Thanksgiving Day (…how?!), Amazon has you covered with same-day Whole Foods delivery.
The company recently announced that it will be offering day-of deliveries to Amazon Prime Now shoppers during the holiday, and some may arrive at your doorstep in as little as an hour. This is great news if you’re looking to avoid the chaos and crowds or if you forget something as crucial as the stuffing or sweet potatoes (the horror!).
Better yet, “for customers in select cities, you can even get beer, wine or liquor delivered right to your door for when you need a little something extra to get you through those family get-togethers!” Message received, Amazon. Just be sure to order your food and drinks by 2pm, and you’ll be good to go.
Don’t forget to use a card that earns you bonus points at US supermarkets, such as the American Express® Gold Card (4x on the first $25,000 spent each year; then 1x), Amex EveryDay® Preferred Card from American Express (3x on the first $6,000 per year plus a 50% bonus after 30 transactions in a billing period) and the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card (5% cash back at Whole Foods).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards