This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in case you forget the stuffing on Thanksgiving Day (…how?!), Amazon has you covered with same-day Whole Foods delivery.
The company recently announced that it will be offering day-of deliveries to Amazon Prime Now shoppers during the holiday, and some may arrive at your doorstep in as little as an hour. This is great news if you’re looking to avoid the chaos and crowds or if you forget something as crucial as the stuffing or sweet potatoes (the horror!).
Better yet, “for customers in select cities, you can even get beer, wine or liquor delivered right to your door for when you need a little something extra to get you through those family get-togethers!” Message received, Amazon. Just be sure to order your food and drinks by 2pm, and you’ll be good to go.
Don’t forget to use a card that earns you bonus points at US supermarkets, such as the American Express® Gold Card (4x on the first $25,000 spent each year; then 1x), Amex EveryDay® Preferred Card from American Express (3x on the first $6,000 per year plus a 50% bonus after 30 transactions in a billing period) and the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card (5% cash back at Whole Foods).
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees