Forget the Card — 10 Cheesy Valentine’s Day Puns Every Traveler Will Love
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The price of a Valentine’s Day card nowadays is out of control. Who wants to pay $6.50 for a folded piece of paper that your significant other will look at for 35 seconds? What a rip-off! Instead, we’ve come up with a cheaper alternative for you to share with your Valentine. We may not be Hallmark, but at least you’re not spending a dime.
So, forget the card. Here are 10 cheesy travel puns your Valentine is sure to love:
We all remember our first time.
Like, even suiter than Emirates first class.
That’s when you know it’s real.
You look good in those shoes. Did I mention I love that belt?
Even in economy on a long-haul flight.
Fasten your seatbelts.
Sorry, I know I overpacked. At least I don’t have to pay fees.
I knew as soon as we made eye contact.
Beagle Bay Airport
Valença Airport — Enewetak Auxiliary Airfield — Chinde Airport?
Can you think of any good ones? Let us know what you come up with in the comments!
(Illustrations by Abbie Winters)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.