Forget the Card — 10 Cheesy Valentine’s Day Puns Every Traveler Will Love
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The price of a Valentine’s Day card nowadays is out of control. Who wants to pay $6.50 for a folded piece of paper that your significant other will look at for 35 seconds? What a rip-off! Instead, we’ve come up with a cheaper alternative for you to share with your Valentine. We may not be Hallmark, but at least you’re not spending a dime.
So, forget the card. Here are 10 cheesy travel puns your Valentine is sure to love:
We all remember our first time.
Like, even suiter than Emirates first class.
That’s when you know it’s real.
You look good in those shoes. Did I mention I love that belt?
Even in economy on a long-haul flight.
Fasten your seatbelts.
Sorry, I know I overpacked. At least I don’t have to pay fees.
I knew as soon as we made eye contact.
Beagle Bay Airport
Valença Airport — Enewetak Auxiliary Airfield — Chinde Airport?
Can you think of any good ones? Let us know what you come up with in the comments!
(Illustrations by Abbie Winters)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.