This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This evening in Boston’s TD Garden, the Boston Bruins will host the St. Louis Blues as the 2019 Stanley Cup Finals begin. Meanwhile, Bear Force One will be traveling over 5,000 miles sporting the team’s logo and colors. JetBlue, which operates a massive hub in Boston and serves as the official airline of the Boston Bruins, introduced its first NHL-themed livery earlier this month.
The Airbus A320 was initially used to shuttle passengers from Boston Logan International Airport to Raleigh, where the team finished off the Carolina Hurricanes and secured their place in the finals. Today, as fans stream into Beantown to witness the beginning of a rematch of the 1970 Stanley Cup Finals, AvGeeks can follow along as Bear Force One (tail number N632JB) jets from one city to the next.
The plane began its day in Boston, departing at 7:29am for an 1,121 mile trek to Orlando. It then turned right back around to Boston, pausing for an hour before venturing south once more to Savannah/Hilton Head Island. By the time it returns to Boston at 9:01pm, Game 1 of the series will be well underway.
Just prior to the last horn sounding, the aircraft will lift off for its last trip of the day — a 10:11pm departure to Santo Domingo.
You can keep an eye out on its future routes through FlightAware, but given that JetBlue doesn’t offer regularly scheduled service to St. Louis, Bruins fans will need to find another carrier to attend away games.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards