Flying Delta to Find The Bachelorette’s Pilot Pete? Read This First
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
The bad news is that America’s favorite pilot (of the week), Peter Weber, was sent home from “The Bachelorette” on Monday night, breaking hearts all across the nation. Weber, also known as Pilot Pete, flies for Delta Air Lines and was a fan favorite on the reality television show this season.
View this post on Instagram
Fans loved him for his energetic personality and connection with the bachelorette, Hannah Brown. Of course, they took to social media to vent their frustrations when he was not picked on the most recent episode — and, by the looks of it, Delta is going to have some very loyal new customers.
Even the airline got in on the fun.
The good news, though, is we have some tricks for getting the most out of your Delta experience whether or not you’re hoping to make an inflight, er, connection. And yes, we’ll also share a tip or two about how to find the most eligible pilot in the sky on your next flight.
For starters, if you fly Delta frequently, you’re going to need one of these credit cards in your wallet, even if you don’t currently have elite status with the airline — think: bonus points and perks. Depending on the Delta card you choose, you might get a free checked bag when you fly Delta, or enjoy priority boarding (more time to say hi before the cockpit door closes). Delta cards with higher annual fees can confer everything from an annual companion certificate to Delta Sky Club lounge access.
What’s more, you don’t have to have a ton of Delta SkyMiles squirreled away to take advantage of award travel. The airline frequently has flash sales, including flights to the Caribbean for 12,000 miles round-trip.
But if your heart is set on finding a certain famous pilot, keep an eye out if you’re flying on a 737. Pete recently posted a video to his Instagram story in which he said he was flying from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International (ATL) to Sacramento International (SMF) on Flight 2318, which was operated by a 737-900.
Not to be (too) creepy, but he’s shared he was from Westlake Village, California and we believe he may be based out of LAX. So, if you’re flying Delta out of the Southern California city, keep your eyes wide open, because you know what they say — love is in the air.
Featured photo by Darren Murph / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.