Flying Delta to Find The Bachelorette’s Pilot Pete? Read This First
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
The bad news is that America’s favorite pilot (of the week), Peter Weber, was sent home from “The Bachelorette” on Monday night, breaking hearts all across the nation. Weber, also known as Pilot Pete, flies for Delta Air Lines and was a fan favorite on the reality television show this season.
View this post on Instagram
Fans loved him for his energetic personality and connection with the bachelorette, Hannah Brown. Of course, they took to social media to vent their frustrations when he was not picked on the most recent episode — and, by the looks of it, Delta is going to have some very loyal new customers.
Even the airline got in on the fun.
The good news, though, is we have some tricks for getting the most out of your Delta experience whether or not you’re hoping to make an inflight, er, connection. And yes, we’ll also share a tip or two about how to find the most eligible pilot in the sky on your next flight.
For starters, if you fly Delta frequently, you’re going to need one of these credit cards in your wallet, even if you don’t currently have elite status with the airline — think: bonus points and perks. Depending on the Delta card you choose, you might get a free checked bag when you fly Delta, or enjoy priority boarding (more time to say hi before the cockpit door closes). Delta cards with higher annual fees can confer everything from an annual companion certificate to Delta Sky Club lounge access.
What’s more, you don’t have to have a ton of Delta SkyMiles squirreled away to take advantage of award travel. The airline frequently has flash sales, including flights to the Caribbean for 12,000 miles round-trip.
But if your heart is set on finding a certain famous pilot, keep an eye out if you’re flying on a 737. Pete recently posted a video to his Instagram story in which he said he was flying from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International (ATL) to Sacramento International (SMF) on Flight 2318, which was operated by a 737-900.
Not to be (too) creepy, but he’s shared he was from Westlake Village, California and we believe he may be based out of LAX. So, if you’re flying Delta out of the Southern California city, keep your eyes wide open, because you know what they say — love is in the air.
Featured photo by Darren Murph / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees