Fly to Europe for as low as 11,000 miles with limited-time Flying Blue Special Edition Promo Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Outside of Delta SkyMiles, Air France-KLM’s joint Flying Blue loyalty program is one of the most popular programs for travelers loyal to the SkyTeam airline alliance, and one of just two programs to partner with all five major transferable points currencies. Flying Blue uses dynamic award pricing (much like its SkyTeam partner Delta), which results in many awards with comically outrageous pricing.
The saving grace of the Flying Blue program has long been the monthly promo awards, which offer a 25% or 50% discount for travel between select international destinations and Europe. However, Flying Blue has upped its game recently by also offering a number of limited-time Promo Rewards with even deeper discounts. Now through Oct. 20, you can take advantage of Flying Blue’s “Promo Rewards: Special Edition” and fly to Europe for as low as 11,000 miles.
As with the regular monthly Promo Rewards, only select cities are eligible for this promotion. Flights must be booked between Oct. 16 and Oct. 20, with eligible travel dates between November 2019 and March 2020. The following North American routes are discounted for travel to any European city, meaning you can connect beyond Air France and KLM’s hubs in Paris (CDG) and Amsterdam (AMS) respectively to explore other destinations. All prices shown are for one-way awards.
|Los Angeles to Europe||Economy||14,000 miles|
|Los Angeles to Europe||Premium economy||28,000 miles|
|Mexico City to Europe||Premium economy||29,000 miles|
|Mexico City to Europe||Business class||36,000 miles|
|New York to Europe||Economy||11,000 miles|
|Seattle to Europe||Premium economy||29,000 miles|
|Seattle to Europe||Business class||36,000 miles|
|Toronto to Europe||Economy||11,000 miles|
|Toronto to Europe||Premium economy||25,000 miles|
|Toronto to Europe||Business class||32,000 miles|
You can check out the full list of discounted destinations on the Flying Blue website, which also includes a number of great international deals to Beijing, Nairobi, the Seychelles and more.
By far the best deals on this list are economy flights from New York and Toronto to Europe for only 11,000 miles each way. This is a huge discount compared to the normal prices of ~30,000 miles or more each way, and the award availability is fairly good. The Flying Blue search engine even highlights these discounted promo awards with a bright red banner, making it quite hard to miss. Air France-KLM does include fuel surcharges on its flights, but those should be $100 or less for most economy awards like these flights from New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG).
Taxes on business-class awards will likely be closer to ~$250, as with these awards from Toronto (YYZ) to Amsterdam (AMS), but that’s still a great deal with a nearly 50% mileage discount.
Earning Flying Blue miles
Since Flying Blue partners with all five of the major transferable points currencies, almost anyone with a Chase, Amex, Citi or Capital One credit card will be able to quickly transfer points over to Flying Blue to take advantage of this deal. Points transfer at the following ratios:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards: 1:1
- American Express Membership Rewards: 1:1
- Citi ThankYou Rewards: 1:1
- Capital One: 2:1.5
- Marriott Bonvoy: 3:1 with a 5,000 mile bonus for every 60,000 Marriott points transferred
While Flying Blue’s monthly Promo Rewards offer a great value, this limited-time offer is even better than what we normally see, offering fixed prices to Europe as low as 11,000 miles each way as opposed to just a percent discount. Unfortunately the booking window for this promotion only lasts until Oct. 20, so if you have any plans to travel to Europe in the coming months make sure to finalize your flights ASAP to lock in these incredible rates.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.