Fly to Europe for as low as 11,000 miles with limited-time Flying Blue Special Edition Promo Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Outside of Delta SkyMiles, Air France-KLM’s joint Flying Blue loyalty program is one of the most popular programs for travelers loyal to the SkyTeam airline alliance, and one of just two programs to partner with all five major transferable points currencies. Flying Blue uses dynamic award pricing (much like its SkyTeam partner Delta), which results in many awards with comically outrageous pricing.
The saving grace of the Flying Blue program has long been the monthly promo awards, which offer a 25% or 50% discount for travel between select international destinations and Europe. However, Flying Blue has upped its game recently by also offering a number of limited-time Promo Rewards with even deeper discounts. Now through Oct. 20, you can take advantage of Flying Blue’s “Promo Rewards: Special Edition” and fly to Europe for as low as 11,000 miles.
As with the regular monthly Promo Rewards, only select cities are eligible for this promotion. Flights must be booked between Oct. 16 and Oct. 20, with eligible travel dates between November 2019 and March 2020. The following North American routes are discounted for travel to any European city, meaning you can connect beyond Air France and KLM’s hubs in Paris (CDG) and Amsterdam (AMS) respectively to explore other destinations. All prices shown are for one-way awards.
|Los Angeles to Europe||Economy||14,000 miles|
|Los Angeles to Europe||Premium economy||28,000 miles|
|Mexico City to Europe||Premium economy||29,000 miles|
|Mexico City to Europe||Business class||36,000 miles|
|New York to Europe||Economy||11,000 miles|
|Seattle to Europe||Premium economy||29,000 miles|
|Seattle to Europe||Business class||36,000 miles|
|Toronto to Europe||Economy||11,000 miles|
|Toronto to Europe||Premium economy||25,000 miles|
|Toronto to Europe||Business class||32,000 miles|
You can check out the full list of discounted destinations on the Flying Blue website, which also includes a number of great international deals to Beijing, Nairobi, the Seychelles and more.
By far the best deals on this list are economy flights from New York and Toronto to Europe for only 11,000 miles each way. This is a huge discount compared to the normal prices of ~30,000 miles or more each way, and the award availability is fairly good. The Flying Blue search engine even highlights these discounted promo awards with a bright red banner, making it quite hard to miss. Air France-KLM does include fuel surcharges on its flights, but those should be $100 or less for most economy awards like these flights from New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG).
Taxes on business-class awards will likely be closer to ~$250, as with these awards from Toronto (YYZ) to Amsterdam (AMS), but that’s still a great deal with a nearly 50% mileage discount.
Earning Flying Blue miles
Since Flying Blue partners with all five of the major transferable points currencies, almost anyone with a Chase, Amex, Citi or Capital One credit card will be able to quickly transfer points over to Flying Blue to take advantage of this deal. Points transfer at the following ratios:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards: 1:1
- American Express Membership Rewards: 1:1
- Citi ThankYou Rewards: 1:1
- Capital One: 2:1.5
- Marriott Bonvoy: 3:1 with a 5,000 mile bonus for every 60,000 Marriott points transferred
While Flying Blue’s monthly Promo Rewards offer a great value, this limited-time offer is even better than what we normally see, offering fixed prices to Europe as low as 11,000 miles each way as opposed to just a percent discount. Unfortunately the booking window for this promotion only lasts until Oct. 20, so if you have any plans to travel to Europe in the coming months make sure to finalize your flights ASAP to lock in these incredible rates.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees