3 Days Only: Flights to Europe From 28,000 Miles Round-Trip on Air France/KLM
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying Blue is the combined loyalty program of Air France, KLM and a smattering of smaller airlines. Although there’s still value to be found in the program, it’s currently profoundly illogical after a change to the program that went into place at the beginning of June 2018. One thing that’s remained: solid mileage deals through the program’s Promo Rewards monthly promotion.
Through this promotion, you can fly from Seattle to Europe from 21,500 miles round-trip or Boston, Chicago, Houston or Washington, DC to Europe from 32,200 miles round-trip. These flights must be booked by Nov. 29, 2018, for flights from Dec. 31, 2018, to Feb. 27, 2019.
But Wednesday through Friday (Nov. 14-16), Flying Blue is running a “special edition” of Promo Rewards. Although there are 20 routes worldwide available during this sale, only two of the routes are to/from the US:
Here’s a quick breakdown of the deal:
Airline: Air France, KLM
Routes: New York or San Francisco to Europe
Cost: 28,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $216 round-trip
Travel Dates: January 1 to March 31, 2019
Booking Dates: November 14-16
Booking Link: Flying Blue
This promotion isn’t like a standard Flying Blue Promo Rewards promotion, which offers a certain percentage off of the typical award amount. For example, the Flying Blue calculator shows a starting price of 21,500 Flying Blue miles each way for New York to Dublin. For three days, this route is pricing at low as 28,000 miles round-trip:
Meanwhile, NYC to Paris standard pricing starts at 22,000 miles each way, but the promotion is also pricing this route at 28,000 miles round-trip:
Unfortunately, these discounted award rates aren’t available on all dates in the window. Also, taxes and fees on these awards start at $216 round-trip and sharply increase from there. Unless you have Flying Blue miles burning a hole in your account, make sure to check cash prices for these routes to ensure you’re getting a good deal on your miles — as we’ve seen some solid flight deals to Europe recently.
One quick note: While Flying Blue has historically included Tel Aviv (TLV) in the Europe region, this promotion isn’t pricing round-trip awards to Israel at 28,000 miles.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Joe Daniel Price via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 per calendar year; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com.
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees