Buy Flying Blue miles at a 75% bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This promo is valid now through Jan. 14, 2020 and each member is capped at a maximum bonus of 100,000 miles. Note that you will have to buy a minimum of 2,000 miles, which starts at €55 or $61. TPG values Flying Blue miles at 1.2 cents each, so if you buy just the bare minimum of 2,000 miles then you’ll end up with 3,500 miles for an upgraded value of 2.1 cents per value mile.
Flying Blue sells its miles through Points.com. For those unacquainted with the site, it’s a points exchange and clearing house that allows members to move one kind of points and miles to another loyalty program, track balances and see certain promo offers. You can also redeem your points or miles through it for retail gift cards or for Paypal credits. It’s free to join and its interface is easy to use.
Transferring points through Points.com makes sense when you need to keep some miles from expiring or if you need miles to post in a very short amount of time and have no other option, such as transferring from a points program like Amex Membership Rewards or Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Flying Blue can be a highly rewarding program, especially if you’re a SkyTeam loyalist or looking to become one. The loyalty program is one of only three to allow transfers from Chase Ultimate Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards and Marriott Bonvoy. If you have a redemption in mind for the new year then this promo could be a great opportunity for you to get some bonus points.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.