Buy Flying Blue miles at a 75% bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This promo is valid now through Jan. 14, 2020 and each member is capped at a maximum bonus of 100,000 miles. Note that you will have to buy a minimum of 2,000 miles, which starts at €55 or $61. TPG values Flying Blue miles at 1.2 cents each, so if you buy just the bare minimum of 2,000 miles then you’ll end up with 3,500 miles for an upgraded value of 2.1 cents per value mile.
Flying Blue sells its miles through Points.com. For those unacquainted with the site, it’s a points exchange and clearing house that allows members to move one kind of points and miles to another loyalty program, track balances and see certain promo offers. You can also redeem your points or miles through it for retail gift cards or for Paypal credits. It’s free to join and its interface is easy to use.
Transferring points through Points.com makes sense when you need to keep some miles from expiring or if you need miles to post in a very short amount of time and have no other option, such as transferring from a points program like Amex Membership Rewards or Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Flying Blue can be a highly rewarding program, especially if you’re a SkyTeam loyalist or looking to become one. The loyalty program is one of only three to allow transfers from Chase Ultimate Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards and Marriott Bonvoy. If you have a redemption in mind for the new year then this promo could be a great opportunity for you to get some bonus points.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees