You’ll Have to Visit Japan to Try This New Starbucks Holiday Flavor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a lot to love about the holidays: time with family, days off from work and special holiday beverages from Starbucks, just to name a few.
This year, the coffee chain added a new festive creation to its holiday menu lineup: the Christmas Strawberry Cake Milk. And it’s precisely what it sounds like: a milk-based beverage with strawberry sauce mixed in and baked biscuit pieces (that’s the cake part) all topped with whipped cream and more strawberry drizzle.
According to Starbucks, the hot milk drink can also be served as a blended frappuccino.
Because the drink is inspired by traditional Japanese strawberry Christmas cakes, however, you’re not going to find this sweet concoction at a Starbucks location near you. Instead, you’ll have to fly to Japan to try it.
View this post on Instagram
In addition to the Christmas Strawberry Cake Milk, the Starbucks holiday beverage menu includes a number of other international specials, such as the new Snowy Cheese Flavored latte (a “baked cheese flavored sauce” blended with espresso and topped with whipped cream and blueberry-flavored sprinkles), which is served only in China. Starbucks in China will also be turning out exclusive Christmas Dessert lattes, made with steamed milk, espresso, and a “Christmas pudding-flavored sauce,” and a whipped cream, caramel drizzle and “mixed fruit sprinkle” topping.
Travelers can also find Toffee Nut Crunch lattes, Cranberry White Chocolate mochas, Duo Coca mochas, Speculoos lattes, Dark Cherry mochas, Hazelnut mochas, Christmas Brulee lattes and other festive drinks at Starbucks around the world during the holiday season.
Never fear: If you’re based in the United States or Canada, there are plenty of seasonal flavors you can try without booking an international long-haul flight. In addition to unveiling its controversial reusable red cup — Starbucks has also revived some favorite menu items from holidays past.— including the
You can sip Peppermint Mocha lattes, Gingerbread lattes, Toasted White Chocolate mochas, Caramel Brulée lattes, Chestnut Praline lattes and creamy nutmeg-dusted Eggnog lattes all season long. Just be sure to opt-in for the Starbucks 15% cashback American Express offer, so you can get at least $5 back on your fancy, festive beverages.
And farewell, Pumpkin Spice latte — see you next fall.
Feature image courtesy of Starbucks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees