You’ll Have to Visit Japan to Try This New Starbucks Holiday Flavor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a lot to love about the holidays: time with family, days off from work and special holiday beverages from Starbucks, just to name a few.
This year, the coffee chain added a new festive creation to its holiday menu lineup: the Christmas Strawberry Cake Milk. And it’s precisely what it sounds like: a milk-based beverage with strawberry sauce mixed in and baked biscuit pieces (that’s the cake part) all topped with whipped cream and more strawberry drizzle.
According to Starbucks, the hot milk drink can also be served as a blended frappuccino.
Because the drink is inspired by traditional Japanese strawberry Christmas cakes, however, you’re not going to find this sweet concoction at a Starbucks location near you. Instead, you’ll have to fly to Japan to try it.
View this post on Instagram
In addition to the Christmas Strawberry Cake Milk, the Starbucks holiday beverage menu includes a number of other international specials, such as the new Snowy Cheese Flavored latte (a “baked cheese flavored sauce” blended with espresso and topped with whipped cream and blueberry-flavored sprinkles), which is served only in China. Starbucks in China will also be turning out exclusive Christmas Dessert lattes, made with steamed milk, espresso, and a “Christmas pudding-flavored sauce,” and a whipped cream, caramel drizzle and “mixed fruit sprinkle” topping.
Travelers can also find Toffee Nut Crunch lattes, Cranberry White Chocolate mochas, Duo Coca mochas, Speculoos lattes, Dark Cherry mochas, Hazelnut mochas, Christmas Brulee lattes and other festive drinks at Starbucks around the world during the holiday season.
Never fear: If you’re based in the United States or Canada, there are plenty of seasonal flavors you can try without booking an international long-haul flight. In addition to unveiling its controversial reusable red cup — Starbucks has also revived some favorite menu items from holidays past.— including the
You can sip Peppermint Mocha lattes, Gingerbread lattes, Toasted White Chocolate mochas, Caramel Brulée lattes, Chestnut Praline lattes and creamy nutmeg-dusted Eggnog lattes all season long. Just be sure to opt-in for the Starbucks 15% cashback American Express offer, so you can get at least $5 back on your fancy, festive beverages.
And farewell, Pumpkin Spice latte — see you next fall.
Feature image courtesy of Starbucks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.