A Florida Man Drove Through an Airport Fence to Do Doughnuts Near Runway
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A Florida man was arrested Wednesday afternoon when he crashed his car through a perimeter fence at Pensacola International Airport (PNS), drove onto an active runway and did doughnuts in a grassy area nearby.
Zane Alexander Carlson, 20, drove through the fence near the passenger terminal at about 12:50pm Wednesday, police said, according to the Pensacola News Journal.
— WPTV (@WPTV) January 31, 2019
After driving on the runway and performing the subsequent doughnuts, he sped off to a nearby open aircraft hangar, where he proceeded to do additional doughnuts until police were able to apprehend him. Carlson was arrested on suspicion of trespassing and criminal mischief.
Officials asked Carlson why he decided to drive through the airport fence, but the News Journal reports that a police spokesperson “had no information to release on what motivated him to drive onto airport property.”
The Pensacola airport has been operating normally since the bizarre incident, and Carlson is being transferred to Escambia County Jail, where the AP says he will be held on $15,000 bail.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.