A Florida Man Drove Through an Airport Fence to Do Doughnuts Near Runway
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A Florida man was arrested Wednesday afternoon when he crashed his car through a perimeter fence at Pensacola International Airport (PNS), drove onto an active runway and did doughnuts in a grassy area nearby.
Zane Alexander Carlson, 20, drove through the fence near the passenger terminal at about 12:50pm Wednesday, police said, according to the Pensacola News Journal.
— WPTV (@WPTV) January 31, 2019
After driving on the runway and performing the subsequent doughnuts, he sped off to a nearby open aircraft hangar, where he proceeded to do additional doughnuts until police were able to apprehend him. Carlson was arrested on suspicion of trespassing and criminal mischief.
Officials asked Carlson why he decided to drive through the airport fence, but the News Journal reports that a police spokesperson “had no information to release on what motivated him to drive onto airport property.”
The Pensacola airport has been operating normally since the bizarre incident, and Carlson is being transferred to Escambia County Jail, where the AP says he will be held on $15,000 bail.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees