The Queen Elizabeth 2 Is Now a Floating Hotel in Dubai
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Queen Elizabeth 2 has just joined the list of hot hotels to look out for in 2018. Joining her sister ship the Queen Mary, the Queen Elizabeth 2 will be opening as a floating hotel in Dubai on April 18. PCFC Hotels, owned by the Dubai government and part of Dubai’s Ports, Customs & Free Zone Corporation, announced the opening of the famous ocean liner as the latest tourist attraction in Dubai.
Docked at Mina Rashid in Dubai, the world-renowned cruise ship will now feature more than 200 rooms and suites, 13 restaurants and entertainment venues and an interactive museum that showcases the retired ocean liner’s history.
The Queen Elizabeth 2, often referred to as QE2, was built for the Cunard Line in 1969. The ship has a long history of transporting thousands of voyages along the Atlantic Ocean from the UK to New York until 2008. On April 18, the QE2 will add to its history by opening to the public for a soft launch as a hotel. Guest will be able to explore several of the restored rooms and suites, as well as five of the 13 planned restaurants and bars.
Many of the rooms are refurnished but have the same interior design of the original ship—from the furniture, painting and restaurants. In addition to the rooms, several of the restaurants and bars from the ship’s sailing days have also been restored.
“To finally open the QE2 is a dream come true for my team and I,” PCFC Hotels Chief Executive Hamza Mustafa said in a statement. “It is one of Dubai’s most highly anticipated projects and we know that a lot of people are going to be very excited to see her for the first time, or to step back on board the vessel that created so many wonderful memories during her 40 years at sea.”
Mustafa added that more than 2.7 million hours were put into transforming the 13-deck ocean liner into the “multi-faceted tourist destination that she is today.”
The QE2 hotel will have its official grand launch in October 2018, and rooms are currently available to book.
Photo courtesy QE2
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.