This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whatever you do, don’t look down… That is, if you’re lounging around at the Hanging Gardens in Bali.
Set in the heart of the Balinese jungle, this exotic property gives travelers a true escape. Its intoxicating surroundings and dream-worthy private villas provide guests the perfect balance of luxury and nature. In fact, it’s so special that it’s earned the title of the World’s First 7-star Boutique Hotel.
Even better, staying a few nights here won’t cost you your life’s savings — in fact, some rates are cheaper than some American hotels. Riverside Villas, complete with a king bed, jungle view and a private infinity pool, start at just $492 (plus tax).
And, while its beauty and affordable price point are enough to make us want to book a trip, the true star of this resort is its insane infinity pool.
The main pool is the core of the property — and is definitely worth an Instagram post (or two). The pool was specifically designed to give swimmers the sensation of floating above the trees. It was even voted the “World’s Best Swimming Pool” by Condé Nast Traveller, and ranks as #1 on TripAdvisor’s list. We can’t imagine a better place to float away our vacation.
If you’re looking for a special spot to get in some R&R, a trip to this once-in-a-lifetime property is a must.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees