Deal alert: Round-trip flights to the Bahamas for as low as $195
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you know you’re eventually going to seek an escape from the cold weather this winter, you can trade your sweaters for bathing suits and visit the pristine white sand beaches of the Bahamas with a last-minute getaway through the holidays and well into next year.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Thanks to our friends at Scott’s Cheap Flights , you can find nonstop roundtrip flights to Nassau (NAS) in the Bahamas starting at just $195 from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), $199 from Miami (MIA), $259 from New York (EWR, JFK), and $251 from Washington D.C. (DCA), to name a few.
Airline: American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue, and United
Routes: ATL/AUS/BOS/FLL/MIA/EWR/JFK/MCO/DCA/PHL and others to NAS.
Cost: Starting at $195 round-trip for select routes.
Dates: November 2021-August 2022. Most of the deals I found were during the winter months from November to March, but some do include routes over the holidays.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Round-trip nonstop flights in this deal are departing from more than 10 cities to NAS, including:
- Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) starting at $195
- Miami (MIA) starting at $199
- Orlando (MCO) starting at $201
- Washington, D.C. (DCA) starting at $251
- Newark (EWR) starting at $259
- New York (JFK) starting at $259
- Philadelphia (PHL) starting at $309
- Boston (BOS) starting at $321
- Austin (AUS) starting at $333
- Atlanta (ATL) starting at $341
Search for these flights by heading to Google Flights and start by entering your departure city of choice and Nassau (NAS) as your destination, along with your preferred dates.
For example, you can score a nice flight deal for an early December getaway from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Nassau (NAS) for $195 round-trip.
A flight you might come across is the below nonstop American flight from MIA to NAS in mid-January for less than $200 round-trip. The fare is for American Airlines’ Basic Economy, which includes one free carry-on. If you wanted to choose your seat, you’d have to upgrade to their Main Cabin for $80 more.
Upgrading to the next highest class would also allow you to change your flight for free or receive a voucher for future travel in the case of a cancellation.
A flight over MLK Weekend for United Basic Economy would cost you $263 on United if you flew from EWR on Friday, Jan. 14. Just know that unlike the above flight in the same class on American, United does not allow travelers in this class to carry on a full-sized bag but limits you to one smaller personal item.
You could also consider paying $54 to get that free carry-on and a seat in Economy for $317 total.
The coldest month of the year in Boston is January, with an average overnight temperature of a chilly 22.1 degrees Fahrenheit. Booking a flight to the Bahamas at any point during the year is an enticing proposition but more so when the winter blues are upon us. For $321, Bostonians can book a Delta Basic Economy ticket with a free carry-on and thaw out in paradise over a long weekend in January.
The Bahamas is requiring fully vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), taken no more than five days prior to the date of arrival to the Bahamas and apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs.
Featured photo by Nick Ellis/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees