This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A flight attendant’s somewhat unusual act of in-flight kindness has gone viral.
Patrisha Organo, 24, was working a Philippines Airlines domestic flight when she heard an infant crying mid-flight. Organo later described the sound as “a cry that will make you want to do anything to help.” Organo, who was completing her final flight in order to become a “cabin crew evaluator”, went up to the baby’s mother to ask how she could help. The “teary-eyed” mother said that the baby was hungry, but that she had no more formula for the child, as they had been stuck at the airport since 9pm the night before.
“I felt a pinch in my heart. There’s no formula milk onboard [the aircraft],” Organo said in her viral Facebook post. “I thought to myself, ‘There’s only one thing I could offer and that’s my own milk.’ And so I offered.” Before nursing the stranger’s baby, Organo said she checked with her supervisor and received an immediate, enthusiastic vote of approval. So Organo carried the baby into the galley and nursed the infant until she fell asleep. The flight attendant reportedly has a nearly one-year-old child at home.
“Thank you, Lord, for the gift of mother’s milk,” Organo concluded in her Facebook post. The post has been shared more than 30,500 times as of the time of publication.
Featured image courtesy of Patrisha Organo.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Set your own sign-up bonus with the Discover it Miles card. Any rewards you earn in the first year will automatically be matched at the end of the year and you'll earn an unlimited 1.5 miles on all purchases with no annual fee.
- Intro Offer: Discover will match all the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 35,000 Miles, you get 70,000 Miles. That's $700 towards travel!
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates – fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- See Rates & Fees