This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin America technically ceased to exist on April 25, 2018, but that doesn’t mean that AvGeeks all over the world aren’t still mourning its loss — and the former airline knows it.
So much so that a current Alaska Airlines flight attendant decided to break out into song and dance on a recent flight. While the airline is completely retrofitting the entire Virgin America fleet — and in turn, getting rid of some of the things that used to make Virgin America unique — there’s a video that’s been blowing up on Twitter, and it’s sure to put a smile on any former Virgin America fan’s face. According to Mashable, the famed Virgin safety video was retired on Sunday, and one flight attendant wanted to send it off with a bang.
After a little digging, we found out this is none other than Mikey Tongko-Burry, a former Virgin America flight attendant. It sounds like he echoes our sentiments and will miss Virgin America, too, but at least we have this hilarious video to watch again (and again, and again). Pretty iconic, don’t you think?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees