Watch This Flight Attendant Hilariously Recreate the Virgin America Safety Video
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin America technically ceased to exist on April 25, 2018, but that doesn’t mean that AvGeeks all over the world aren’t still mourning its loss — and the former airline knows it.
So much so that a current Alaska Airlines flight attendant decided to break out into song and dance on a recent flight. While the airline is completely retrofitting the entire Virgin America fleet — and in turn, getting rid of some of the things that used to make Virgin America unique — there’s a video that’s been blowing up on Twitter, and it’s sure to put a smile on any former Virgin America fan’s face. According to Mashable, the famed Virgin safety video was retired on Sunday, and one flight attendant wanted to send it off with a bang.
After a little digging, we found out this is none other than Mikey Tongko-Burry, a former Virgin America flight attendant. It sounds like he echoes our sentiments and will miss Virgin America, too, but at least we have this hilarious video to watch again (and again, and again). Pretty iconic, don’t you think?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.