You Can Now Take Delivery of a $5.25 Million Private Jet from Honda
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s better than a $4.5 million private jet? A $5.25 million private jet, of course! We took a tour of the original $4.5 million HondaJet back at Farnborough 2016, and just this week Honda Aircraft Company announced that it has begun deliveries of its new advanced aircraft, the HondaJet Elite, at its headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina.
While $5.25 million is a load of cash, it’s a comparably small price to pay for a brand new private jet. According to the Triad Business Journal, the extra $300,000 over the standard HondaJet nets buyers “better fuel efficiency, reduced exterior and interior noise, a Bongiovi Audio System and takeoff/landing distance management.” It also includes “over-the-wing engine mount configuration, natural laminar flow fuselage nose and wing and composite fuselage.”
Reportedly, the HondaJet Elite will soon become the default model – great news considering that the Elite offers an extended range of 17% (396km), making it the furthest-flying aircraft in its class. Other fanciful features include two-toned executive leather seats, a galley with coffee brewer and a “belted lavatory.”
Naturally, you’ll want to order yours with an Amex Centurion Card.
Have you flown on a private jet? Share with us in comments and in the TPG Lounge on Facebook!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.