This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s better than a $4.5 million private jet? A $5.25 million private jet, of course! We took a tour of the original $4.5 million HondaJet back at Farnborough 2016, and just this week Honda Aircraft Company announced that it has begun deliveries of its new advanced aircraft, the HondaJet Elite, at its headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina.
While $5.25 million is a load of cash, it’s a comparably small price to pay for a brand new private jet. According to the Triad Business Journal, the extra $300,000 over the standard HondaJet nets buyers “better fuel efficiency, reduced exterior and interior noise, a Bongiovi Audio System and takeoff/landing distance management.” It also includes “over-the-wing engine mount configuration, natural laminar flow fuselage nose and wing and composite fuselage.”
Reportedly, the HondaJet Elite will soon become the default model – great news considering that the Elite offers an extended range of 17% (396km), making it the furthest-flying aircraft in its class. Other fanciful features include two-toned executive leather seats, a galley with coffee brewer and a “belted lavatory.”
Naturally, you’ll want to order yours with an Amex Centurion Card.
Have you flown on a private jet? Share with us in comments and in the TPG Lounge on Facebook!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards