The world’s first makeup museum is opening next year
The Makeup Museum, which claims to be the first-ever “physical space” open to the public and focused on the history of beauty and its impact on society and culture, will open its doors on Gansevoort Street in the Meatpacking District in May, according to a statement.
After all, “makeup has a 10,000 year history,” explained the museum’s executive director and cofounder, Doreen Bloch, so there’s plenty to unpack.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The Makeup Museum will showcase vintage artifacts and feature plenty of historical insights. Its debut exhibition, “Pink Jungle: 1950s Makeup in America” will feature the icons and products that shaped the aesthetic of the decade.
There will be never-before-seen products on display too. Think: A collection of Erno Laszlo facial products used by Marilyn Monroe and Greta Garbo.
“It will be so powerful for people to understand the significance makeup has, and its integral part of every culture in the world,” said makeup artist and Makeup Museum cofounder Rachel Goodwin.
Of course, the entire space promises to be aesthetically-pleasing and totally Instagram-worthy.
You can purchase tickets to the aptly-named Makeup Museum starting in March, and a wait list for early access is already live. (If you don’t already have a great credit card for entertainment spending, now is the time to add one to your wallet.)
Related: The perfect travel skincare routine
New York City has really been making a splash this year with a ton of new exhibits, museums and shops frequented equally by tourists and locals. Just this month, the historic Empire State Building opened a brand new observatory on the 80th floor, as part of a $165,000,000 redevelopment plan. The massive project also included the opening of a museum and an interactive video exhibit.
And the aforementioned Museum of Ice Cream opened a permanent flagship location this fall in SoHo. It spans almost 25,000 square feet across three floors and features 13 installations … yes, including the famous sprinkle pool.
Related: The best restaurants in New York City.
No matter what the reason is for your trip to the Big Apple, you’ll definitely want to have some savvy points and miles strategies up your sleeve — New York isn’t exactly an inexpensive city. Start off with our guide on how to use your points and miles to get there. We’ve also rounded up some of our top hotel picks, ranging from budget to luxe, where you can put your points to good use.
Featured image courtesy of Kittima Leuangboriboon / EyeEm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees