There’s a new special-colors plane in the sky: Allegiant’s ‘Vegas Golden Knights’ Airbus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most airliners are painted in the colors of the airlline that flies them, but then there are the “special colors” airplanes that excite aviation fans who hunt for them like a birder will chase a rare specimen. Many airlines are hip to the marketing potential of special-color planes, and ultra-low-fare carriers are no exception.
Las Vegas-based low-cost carrier Allegiant just unveiled on Tuesday the latest special-colors jet that will grace US skies. It’s a special livery honoring its hometown hockey team, the Vegas Golden Knights.
“Allegiant has been a tremendous partner, and we could not be more thrilled about this activation,” said Kerry Bubolz, president of the Vegas Golden Knights. “We have encouraged our fans and business partners to ‘knight up’ in creative ways to show their passion for the team.”
Allegiant is the team’s official domestic airline, and the company is decking out one of its Airbus A319s partly in the team’s colors. Ship 302, with the full registration N302NV, plies the Allegiant network mostly in the West and Midwest, flight-tracking sites show. It’s a 2005 build that flew in Europe for low-cost carrier EasyJet before being bought by Allegiant.
The airline has three other special-livery aircraft, one for Make-A-Wish, one for the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and one for Visit Florida.
While it’s Allegiant’s first time decking out an aircraft in honor of a sports team, it’s hardly a first-of-its kind partnership in the aviation industry.
Other airlines like JetBlue have put team logos on their planes, and Alaska Airlines is currently running a promotion that allows passengers to board early if they’re wearing a Russell Wilson jersey (Wilson is the quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, Alaska’s hometown football team).
Featured photo courtesy of Allegiant.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees