First Glimpse of Air France’s New Airbus A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France’s brand new A350 has been spotted on Twitter, fresh out of Airbus’s paint shop in Toulouse, France.
The plane boasts a simple update to the airline’s classic livery, which passengers can expect to see on the runway in Toronto as soon as November, operating daily nonstop flights to Paris. The Air France-KLM group has 28 Airbus A350s on order, with 21 of them to be delivered in Air France’s colors.
The Air France A350s will feature a new business-class product that differs from its premium cabins on other aircraft. The plane will be given a 1-2-1 layout similar to the United Polaris product, with 34 lie-flat Zodiac Optima seats available. The carrier will also offer 24 premium economy seats in a 2-4-2 layout, with the remaining 266 seats in a standard 3-3-3 economy layout.
Business passengers who want the best Air France experience should do some research before booking, as there’s already a pretty big difference between biz on the airline’s A380s, its Boeing 777s and its Airbus A330 flights. Still, the new option on the A350 looks like a promising improvement over even the best of the other current offerings, and we’re excited to see it fly.
Featured photo of an Air France A350 in progress by F. Lancelot, master films by Airbus.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.