First-ever Oneworld branded lounge to open at Moscow Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Oneworld alliance, composed of 13 airlines worldwide, announced December 18 that it will open the first-ever Oneworld branded airport lounge at Moscow Domodedovo Airport (DME).
DME serves as a major hub for Oneworld in Russia, with member S7 Airlines operating more than 140 daily flights from the airport. Several Oneworld airlines fly into DME, including British Airways and Qatar Airways.
Related: Your layover guide to Moscow (DME)
It’s unclear when the lounge will open, with Oneworld saying that Domodedovo airport will announce the opening date, along with more details, in 2020. It’s also unclear who will have access to the lounge, whether it’s an arrival or departure lounge and where in the airport it will be located.
“We are excited to launch the first Oneworld branded lounge at Moscow Domodedovo in this momentous year, as we celebrate the alliance’s 20th anniversary with an invigorated mission to deliver the highest levels of service and most seamless travel experience to our customers,” Oneworld CEO Rob Gurney said in a statement. “… we are thrilled that the first Oneworld branded lounge will be located at its hub.”
Igor Borisov, Moscow Domodedovo Airport director, said, “Thanks to the joint project of the airport and Oneworld, our passengers will receive exclusive world-class service. We are confident that this will have a positive impact on strengthening the alliance’s brand in the Russian market, and Domodedovo will become even more attractive for frequent flyers of the Oneworld alliance.”
Domodedovo International Airport (DME) is the largest of Moscow’s three airports. In fact, it’s the largest and busiest of all Russia’s airports, and served nearly 30 million passengers in 2018. It is generally recognized as the country’s best.
DME is already home to six Priority Pass lounges, including Oneworld member S7 Business Lounge.
Featured image by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees