First-ever Oneworld branded lounge to open at Moscow Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Oneworld alliance, composed of 13 airlines worldwide, announced December 18 that it will open the first-ever Oneworld branded airport lounge at Moscow Domodedovo Airport (DME).
DME serves as a major hub for Oneworld in Russia, with member S7 Airlines operating more than 140 daily flights from the airport. Several Oneworld airlines fly into DME, including British Airways and Qatar Airways.
Related: Your layover guide to Moscow (DME)
It’s unclear when the lounge will open, with Oneworld saying that Domodedovo airport will announce the opening date, along with more details, in 2020. It’s also unclear who will have access to the lounge, whether it’s an arrival or departure lounge and where in the airport it will be located.
“We are excited to launch the first Oneworld branded lounge at Moscow Domodedovo in this momentous year, as we celebrate the alliance’s 20th anniversary with an invigorated mission to deliver the highest levels of service and most seamless travel experience to our customers,” Oneworld CEO Rob Gurney said in a statement. “… we are thrilled that the first Oneworld branded lounge will be located at its hub.”
Igor Borisov, Moscow Domodedovo Airport director, said, “Thanks to the joint project of the airport and Oneworld, our passengers will receive exclusive world-class service. We are confident that this will have a positive impact on strengthening the alliance’s brand in the Russian market, and Domodedovo will become even more attractive for frequent flyers of the Oneworld alliance.”
Domodedovo International Airport (DME) is the largest of Moscow’s three airports. In fact, it’s the largest and busiest of all Russia’s airports, and served nearly 30 million passengers in 2018. It is generally recognized as the country’s best.
DME is already home to six Priority Pass lounges, including Oneworld member S7 Business Lounge.
Featured image by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.