This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re ok with making the move to Finland, there are a bunch of jobs looking to outfit you with what would certainly fall into the “Dream Job” category. According to Forbes, there are companies looking to hire people to play with sled dogs, hunt down the Northern Lights, and cook delicious outdoor meals for travelers.
Forbes pulled together five of their favorite Finnish dream jobs (which you can see in full here), but the one that really stood out to us was the Photography Guide position with tour company Beyond Arctic.
Capturing the Northern Lights on a camera is not an easy task, but all it takes is experience shooting photos and a strong knowledge of the camera settings that highlight the aurora best. As a photography guide, you will lead travelers out into Lapland on the hunt for the Northern Lights. The job posting does require a B-driving license, as well as photography skills and the ability to speak fluent English (first aid skills, knowledge of other languages, and a hygiene certificate are plusses).
Another thing to note: You not only have to be ok with cold temperatures, you have to thrive in freezing temperatures. As someone who has gone on a Northern Lights hunt in northern Finland, it’s the kind of cold that will leave you breathless and kick your brain cells straight to the curb. A personal suggestion: Have a handful of jokes in your pocket and a killer hot chocolate recipe on hand to help distract cold tour-goers.
Beyond Arctic is looking for photography guides to cover winter 2018 and 2019, so act quick. If you’re one of the lucky chosen, you’ll start work in November 2018. But before you start planning your cross-ocean move, send your resume with the subject line of Photography Guide to email@example.com.
There is another gig mentioned in the Forbes list that would be a disservice not to mention: Husky Guide. Personnel agency Lapland Staff is looking for some special dog fans to work as safari guides across Finland. These jobs not only require you to learn how to lead a dog sled and care for the dogs, but you will also be driving snowmobiles, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and ice fishing.
This is the perfect job for someone who loves dogs and also enjoys a good winter spot or five. For more information on becoming a husky guide, check out the job posting.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees