You Can Get Paid to Live in Finland and Be a Real Life ‘Christmas Elf’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lapland Safaris, one of the largest event and tour organizers in Finland, is on the hunt for seasonal employees this winter. The position? “Christmas Elf.” The company is looking for wanna-be elves that are “energetic, outgoing, positive persons with good customer skills.” Of course, you will be required to relocate to remote Lapland, Finland, for the holidays.
Not familiar with Lapland? It’s the northernmost region of Finland covering 38,000 square miles yet is home to just under 200,000 full-time residents. The largest city in the region, Rovaniemi, is home to 62,000 residents though it does boast the third largest airport in the country, with flights to London, Milan and Tel Aviv. The region sees an average temperature of around 10 degrees Fahrenheit with no shortage of snow and ice. It truly is the ideal winter wonderland.
The job listing on Lapland Safari’s website outlines the full-time seasonal position. The Christmas Elf job runs from the end of November 2018 and concludes in early January 2019. Those who are lucky enough to make the cut will have to relocate to cities and villages across Lapland for the holiday season. Lapland Safaris will provide employees with shared apartments with “reasonable rent” and a discount card to be used in and around town.
If you’ve ever seen the movie Elf or if you’ve come across an elf in a mall during the holiday season, you likely understand just how positive and outgoing elves truly are. The job description on Lapland Safaris’s website is quite straightforward when it comes to the type of individuals they’re looking for. As a Christmas Elf, you will need to be one of the most
artificially genuinely happy and cheerful people on the planet while working in near 0 degree temperatures in a region that receives very little sunlight during this time of year.
If you’re interested in becoming an elf this holiday season, you better run run Rudolph, because Lapland Safaris is looking to fill all positions as soon as possible. As previously mentioned you’ll need to be on a flight to Finland by mid-November as all elves report for duty at the end of the month.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees