You Can Get Paid to Live in Finland and Be a Real Life ‘Christmas Elf’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lapland Safaris, one of the largest event and tour organizers in Finland, is on the hunt for seasonal employees this winter. The position? “Christmas Elf.” The company is looking for wanna-be elves that are “energetic, outgoing, positive persons with good customer skills.” Of course, you will be required to relocate to remote Lapland, Finland, for the holidays.
Not familiar with Lapland? It’s the northernmost region of Finland covering 38,000 square miles yet is home to just under 200,000 full-time residents. The largest city in the region, Rovaniemi, is home to 62,000 residents though it does boast the third largest airport in the country, with flights to London, Milan and Tel Aviv. The region sees an average temperature of around 10 degrees Fahrenheit with no shortage of snow and ice. It truly is the ideal winter wonderland.
The job listing on Lapland Safari’s website outlines the full-time seasonal position. The Christmas Elf job runs from the end of November 2018 and concludes in early January 2019. Those who are lucky enough to make the cut will have to relocate to cities and villages across Lapland for the holiday season. Lapland Safaris will provide employees with shared apartments with “reasonable rent” and a discount card to be used in and around town.
If you’ve ever seen the movie Elf or if you’ve come across an elf in a mall during the holiday season, you likely understand just how positive and outgoing elves truly are. The job description on Lapland Safaris’s website is quite straightforward when it comes to the type of individuals they’re looking for. As a Christmas Elf, you will need to be one of the most
artificially genuinely happy and cheerful people on the planet while working in near 0 degree temperatures in a region that receives very little sunlight during this time of year.
If you’re interested in becoming an elf this holiday season, you better run run Rudolph, because Lapland Safaris is looking to fill all positions as soon as possible. As previously mentioned you’ll need to be on a flight to Finland by mid-November as all elves report for duty at the end of the month.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.