Join our Facebook panel discussion this week on travel safety
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s Travel Safety Week here at TPG, and our team is hard at work putting out everything you need to know about staying safe when you hit the road this summer — and beyond.
And, later this week, you’ll have a chance to hear directly from a panel of experts on this very topic.
Join me and my colleague, TPG senior travel reporter Victoria Walker, as we sit down with Karin King, deputy assistant secretary for overseas citizens services at the U.S. State Department, and Erin Petersen, editor-in-chief at Healthline.com (which is owned by TPG’s parent company, Red Ventures). We have a myriad of topics lined up for the panel, including the current state of travel, ongoing safety protocols, solo travel and international travel.
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Time: 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT
Location: TPG’s Facebook group — confirm your attendance here
King has been a part of the State Department’s foreign service since 1991 including stints in Mexico, Poland, the Bahamas, Trinidad and Germany. As part of the Bureau of Consular Affairs, her office helps coordinate a variety of initiatives for U.S. residents visiting (or living in) other countries. This includes providing support to victims of crime, offering (temporary) emergency financial assistance and helping with documentation needs such as lost passports and birth certificates for U.S. citizens born overseas.
It also administers the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (or STEP, for short) — which can be a great option for American travelers abroad.
And Petersen has been with Healthline Media for nearly nine years, assuming her current role as editor-in-chief of Healthline.com in July 2019. As the top health information website in the U.S., Healthline covers all facets of both physical and mental well-being — both of which took serious hits due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As experts in their respective fields, both King and Erin are perfectly positioned to discuss all aspects of staying safe and healthy while on the road.
Mark your calendars to attend this event this Thursday!
Featured photo by PeopleImages/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.