A Flight Attendant’s Dad Flew With Her on All of Her Christmas Day Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While many of us get the Christmas holiday off from work, allowing us to spend time with our family, there are some industries in which giving every employee the day off is just not possible. The aviation sector is one of those industries. One of the many flight attendants who was required to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day was Pierce Vaughan, a flight attendant for Delta Air Lines. Though Vaughan was stuck working on both days, she didn’t spend it alone thanks to the company of one very special passenger.
A Delta First Class passenger Mike Levy took to Facebook Christmas Eve posting a selfie with Hal, the father of Pierce Vaughan. Both passengers are seen with a gigantic smile on their faces. The following post accompanied Levy’s Facebook photos, “His daughter Pierce was our flight attendant who had to work over Christmas. Hal decided he would spend the holiday with her. So, he is flying on each of her flights today and tomorrow around the country to spend time with his daughter for Christmas.”
Pierce Vaughan also posted to Facebook reacting to Levy’s popular post, thanking him for being such an amazing passenger. “Shoutout to Mike Levy for being a great first class passenger & helping us to understand how cool this actually is!” Vaughan also took a moment to thank other crew members and of course her father.
While airlines operate a fairly normal and full flight schedule in the United States on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, other parts of the world do not. Dublin Airport closes its doors on Christmas Eve following the last departure and doesn’t reopen until the morning of Dec. 26. Though flight attendants like Vaughan might end up celebrating the holidays stuck in the sky, many airlines provide additional compensation to make up for the inconvenience. Still, it could be a nice touch to give sweet treats like chocolates or even gift cards to crew members stuck working major holidays.
Featured image via Mike Levy on Facebook
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees