This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The American Express® Gold Card is heaven for foodies, offering an incredible 4x Membership Rewards points (worth 8% based on TPG’s valuations) per dollar spent at restaurants. The Gold Card also offers a $120 annual dining statement credit, which breaks down to $10 a month at the following merchants: Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and participating Shake Shack locations.
Through the end of the year, it’s now possible for targeted cardholders to earn one extra point per dollar spent at Grubhub and Seamless by registering for this Amex Offer.
Amex targets these offers not only to individual customers but to specific cards on their accounts as well. This means you might need to dig around to see which of your cards (if any) are eligible, but this is a great deal if your American Express Gold Card gets targeted for this offer. This extra point stacks with the 4x you’d already earn from the Gold Card, bringing your total earnings up to 5x points per dollar or a 10% return. Of course you can also stack this with your $10 monthly dining credit, saving money and earning bonus points at the same time.
There’s no cost to enroll in an Amex offer so I strongly suggest adding this to your card even if you’re not sure you’ll use it. This offer runs through the end of 2019, giving you plenty of time.
For more information on this program, check out our Ultimate Guide to Amex Offers.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at restaurants worldwide, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points when you dine at restaurants worldwide. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X). Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees