How to Enjoy Exclusive Perks in NYC This Summer with Your Sapphire Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve or are a Sapphire Banking customer and will be in New York City this summer, listen up. For the third year in a row, Chase is offering Sapphire-branded card holders access to a pop-up Sapphire Lounge, as well as special discounts at certain merchants in Lower Manhattan’s Seaport District.
The lounge is located at the Seaport’s temporary Garden Bar on Fulton Street (19 Fulton St New York, NY 10038). It’s open daily from 12pm to 8pm and accessible to Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders, or Sapphire Banking customers (who can show their debit card to gain admittance), plus one guest.
There you’ll find a private “lawn” with various seating options and games like cornhole.
Card holders have access to an exclusive menu with for-purchase food and drink options, including a $14 custom cocktail called “The Sapphire” consisting of Bacardi, Blue Curacao, honey, lemon and grapefruit bitters. Food items range from $8 to $16, with options like Palate Fritte (aka french fries), Sfincione (Sicilian pizza) and paninis.
There’s a phone charging station, which can be especially useful for card holders just passing by.
In addition to the lounge, every Sunday, beginning July 8, you’ll get the following discounts and offers at merchants in the area just by using your card:
- Superdry: 15% off your purchase, excluding sale and clearance items
- Lobster GoGo: $5 off any lobster roll or seafood salad
- by CHLOE.: 20% off your purchase
- Big Gay Ice Cream: Buy one ice cream cone or sundae and get the second one free
- 10 Corso Como Cafe: 10% off your food and beverage purchase
- Scotch & Soda: 10% off your purchase
- Cobble & Co.: 10% off your purchase
- Garden Bar: 10% off your purchase
- Chase Sapphire Lounge: 10% off your food and beverage purchase
- R17: 10% off of your purchase
- Summer Concert Series: Expedited entry and 10% off your food and beverage purchase at The Rooftop at Pier 17 concessions during Sunday concerts
- Heineken Riverdeck (Coming in July): TBA
Although the lounge is modest, it’s nice to see that Chase is continuing to invest in more lifestyle events and making the Sapphire brand more than just a financial tool. In addition to pop-up lounges, Chase has set up permanent Sapphire Lounges at venues like The Forum in Los Angeles (Inglewood), Madison Square Garden in New York and The Chicago Theatre. It’s also been bringing the lounges to Chase-sponsored events like the Sundance Film Festival, the Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival and the PGA Championship.
All photos by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.