United’s Newark (EWR) Polaris Lounge Opens June 4
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s first Polaris Lounge launched at Chicago O’Hare (ORD) in December 2016, and then we had to wait nearly 18 months for the next location to open, at San Francisco International Airport (SFO). So imagine my surprise when an invitation for a third lounge preview hit my inbox this morning, just a couple weeks after that gigantic 28,120-square-foot space finally became available at SFO.
The airline’s inviting journalists to take a look at the brand-new Newark (EWR) Polaris Lounge on May 31, ahead of its grand opening on Monday, June 4.
As with the SFO location, United’s keeping a tight lid on the details, but we do know that it’s taking over the entire space that had been occupied by the airport’s largest United Club, so — while not nearly as large as the lounge in San Francisco — it should be a decent size.
According to United’s “Polaris Tracker” website, the airline’s still on track to open two more locations before the year is through — Houston (IAH) is scheduled to open this summer, while Los Angeles (LAX) is expected to welcome guests beginning in the fall.
Note that although the EWR Polaris Lounge has taken over the space previously occupied by a United Club, access will be much more limited. To get in, you’ll need to be traveling long-haul in one of the following cabins:
- United Polaris first class (with one guest)
- United Polaris business class
- Star Alliance long-haul first class (with one guest)
- Star Alliance long-haul business class
There aren’t any exceptions for top-tier elites — even United Global Services members traveling in domestic first class or regional business won’t have access — but this new option should definitely help to reduce congestion at Newark’s United Club lounges, since biz-class customers will obviously want to visit the Polaris Lounge, instead.
Stay tuned for much more on May 31!
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees