Even World Cup-Winning Soccer Players Feel the Same Way About Flying Economy As You Do
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World Cup-winning soccer players: They’re just like us! No, seriously.
Ashlyn Harris, goalkeeper on the US women’s national soccer team — yes, the one that just won the World Cup! — flew United Airlines in economy earlier today and by the looks of her hilarious Instagram story, was none too pleased about it.
Yeah, this is definitely not where we left our lie-flat Polaris seat.
She even gave us a video glimpse inside her flight and… well, well, well. Would you look at what we have here? No outlets and no in-flight entertainment system. The latter of which, of course, is presented as a perk and a “private viewing system.” Ah, semantics.
What’s easier: Finding a power outlet in economy or winning the World Cup? You decide.
We do have some good news, though: this doesn’t have to be you. No matter which airline you’re flying in the near future, wet, maybe just use your points to fly business or first class. You’ll probably get a better kick out of that.
Featured photo by VI Images/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.