This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
These days, it seems everything has a holiday. On Tuesday, it was the cheeseburger’s turn to be celebrated with hashtags and promotional deals.
Burger joints across the US are celebrating National Cheeseburger Day with discounts, giveaways and more. With cheeseburgers as cheap as $1, fast food chains are practically begging you to grab a bite. Even airports like LaGuardia (LGA) have quick places like Shake Shack to get your burger fix. If a cheeseburger before your flight today sounds like something you need, the Transportation Security Administration wants to remind you that you’re allowed to bring it through airport security.
Celebrate #NationalCheeseburgerDay by grabbing a to-go order for your flight. Burgers and sandwiches are allowed through the security checkpoint in your carry-on luggage. #TravelTips pic.twitter.com/Qg65eebZRR
— TSA (@TSA) September 18, 2018
This isn’t the first time TSA has chimed in on the kinds of food you can take through security. Sometimes the agency will request you remove snacks from your carry-on, but only as a way to help the officers in getting a clear view of inside your carry-on. If Chrissy Teigen can bring her emotional support casserole through security, you can definitely bring a burger. However, if you’re bringing along frozen goods, TSA suggests checking those items.
Of course, if you’re looking to maximize your cheeseburger purchase consider using any card that gives you the best dining rewards, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier Card or the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees