Even TSA Celebrates National Cheeseburger Day
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
These days, it seems everything has a holiday. On Tuesday, it was the cheeseburger’s turn to be celebrated with hashtags and promotional deals.
Burger joints across the US are celebrating National Cheeseburger Day with discounts, giveaways and more. With cheeseburgers as cheap as $1, fast food chains are practically begging you to grab a bite. Even airports like LaGuardia (LGA) have quick places like Shake Shack to get your burger fix. If a cheeseburger before your flight today sounds like something you need, the Transportation Security Administration wants to remind you that you’re allowed to bring it through airport security.
Celebrate #NationalCheeseburgerDay by grabbing a to-go order for your flight. Burgers and sandwiches are allowed through the security checkpoint in your carry-on luggage. #TravelTips pic.twitter.com/Qg65eebZRR
— TSA (@TSA) September 18, 2018
This isn’t the first time TSA has chimed in on the kinds of food you can take through security. Sometimes the agency will request you remove snacks from your carry-on, but only as a way to help the officers in getting a clear view of inside your carry-on. If Chrissy Teigen can bring her emotional support casserole through security, you can definitely bring a burger. However, if you’re bringing along frozen goods, TSA suggests checking those items.
Of course, if you’re looking to maximize your cheeseburger purchase consider using any card that gives you the best dining rewards, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier® Card or the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card (card no longer available).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.