Even TSA Celebrates National Cheeseburger Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
These days, it seems everything has a holiday. On Tuesday, it was the cheeseburger’s turn to be celebrated with hashtags and promotional deals.
Burger joints across the US are celebrating National Cheeseburger Day with discounts, giveaways and more. With cheeseburgers as cheap as $1, fast food chains are practically begging you to grab a bite. Even airports like LaGuardia (LGA) have quick places like Shake Shack to get your burger fix. If a cheeseburger before your flight today sounds like something you need, the Transportation Security Administration wants to remind you that you’re allowed to bring it through airport security.
Celebrate #NationalCheeseburgerDay by grabbing a to-go order for your flight. Burgers and sandwiches are allowed through the security checkpoint in your carry-on luggage. #TravelTips pic.twitter.com/Qg65eebZRR
— TSA (@TSA) September 18, 2018
This isn’t the first time TSA has chimed in on the kinds of food you can take through security. Sometimes the agency will request you remove snacks from your carry-on, but only as a way to help the officers in getting a clear view of inside your carry-on. If Chrissy Teigen can bring her emotional support casserole through security, you can definitely bring a burger. However, if you’re bringing along frozen goods, TSA suggests checking those items.
Of course, if you’re looking to maximize your cheeseburger purchase consider using any card that gives you the best dining rewards, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier® Card or the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.